jazzcait
Level 2: Rookie

New phone plan

Answered

I have 2 weeks left of my existing contract on my mobile which is with Telstra.  Am I able to upgrade to a new mobile and a new phone plan now, without having to pay anything on the current contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: New phone plan

Hi jazzcait, if you're within 31 days of your contract end date then the contract termination fee would be waived if you're taking up a new plan and handset. (Any remaining handset payments would be charged though). Our teams on 13 22 00 or via the chat service at http://goo.gl/11oUE they can provide more information and help with an order.  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi jazzcait, if you're within 31 days of your contract end date then the contract termination fee would be waived if you're taking up a new plan and handset. (Any remaining handset payments would be charged though). Our teams on 13 22 00 or via the chat service at http://goo.gl/11oUE they can provide more information and help with an order.  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

skeetdog12
Level 1: Cadet

Hi. 

My contract finishes october 14th 2013 but 30 days before 15th september 2013. Im on $129 freedom connect not sure get $100 byo not sure which plan I need $60 BYO or $80 BYO or $100 BYO. Because on recent activity cannot view months before see what I need, Because when I receive bill in letterbox dont receive itemised bill anymore 

Paul

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Paul,

If you are looking for assistance with the best plan to suit your needs on a BYO plan then my colleagues in the Live Chat Team will be more than happy to assist you further with this. They are available 24/7 via: 

http://goo.gl/11oUE

They will be able to assist in real time via a secure chat window on your computer and make a recommendation from how you have been using the service Smiley Happy

ronf

My contract ends soon.
If jazzcait has paid everything that was contracted for, including the last payment, why would there still be early termination fees? Your 'solution' answer seems to say that in that last 30 days of the contract, which the customer has already paid for, that that customer has to actually WAIT till the end of the actual service date!
Why can't the customer, having paid for the service, then decide to not use it, and abandon it, because they have negotiated a deal with Telstra in that period?
ronf

The above comments refer to a comment which seems to have disappeared in between reading the contributors message, and the posting of my comments. The question by your customer above is not what I read. I would still like to find out the answer though.
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ronf - because our billing systems charge in advance, a cancellation within the last month would mean that the final bill will include a credit for the costs already paid for the period that wasn't used and the termination fees are also charged.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit