GJD4
Level 1: Cadet

New plan

I have been TOLD that I will be moved to a new plan

Didn't ask for it and didn't sign up for a change 

On the new plan I will have to pay $30 to roll over any unused data that I have already bought 

What a bunch of thieves 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
PoppySean
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New plan

Hey there, once the plan is migrated on to the new plan any remaining recharge balance will be converted into inclusions on the new plan and you will only have to recharge before the new expiry date to ensure data rollover etc.

-Sean

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GJD4

You're missing the point

The following text is from the information you sent with the email

"Your plan comes with Continuous Data Rollover on recharges, which
means that up to 200GB unused data will be rolled over to use in
future, provided you recharge up to $60 before expiry. Continuous
Data Rollover differs to your Data Bank in that you need to recharge
before expiry to keep your unused data."

Which I take it means that if I recharge with $30 like I normally do there will be no rollover

Alternatively, I have to pay $60 to get the same amount of data to have rollover which means that I have to pay an extra $30 to rollover any unused data that I have already paid for

laurenyvonne
Support Team
Support Team

Our Continuous Data Rollover is available on our $30 recharge plans also! You can find the information confirming that on our website here. 
The message you received says 'provided you recharge up to $60 before expiry', a $30 recharge is also fine in this case. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GJD4

If that is the case, what is the difference between the old plan and the new one

WHY go to a new plan ??

And further more, why tell the customer that "THEY WILL BE MOVED" rather than offering them the option of moving

laurenyvonne
Support Team
Support Team

Every so often we need to migrate customers onto our newer plans, especially if they've been on our older ones for quite some time. This isn't necessarily a bad thing we just prefer our customers to be more in line with our current offers. Definitely don't mean to cause any inconvenience!

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Telstra announced quite a long time ago that they were going to be migrating customers across to the current range of plans as they had a ridiculously large number of grandfathered plans that customers were still on, which made managing their system very difficult.

Nobody here can tell you what the difference between your old and new plans are as we don't know which PrePaid Plan you are on (and I don't mean the $$ amount, the actual name of the plan, as there are at least 6 different plan families still active). eg PrePaid Max, PrePaid Complete, etc

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit