ppnace
Level 1: Cadet

New pre paid plan

Answered

Just wanted to share my experience here.

Telstra recently changed their pre-paid plans, we had the $150/300GB plan valid for 12 month. After the change over to the the 'new plan' which happened automatically, we experienced the following:

• my auto recharge was no longer configured
  • my credit card details disappeared (this is a real concerned, what does it mean to all the private/sensitive information stored online in the telstra systems)
  • I had 2 login to access our account, the one I had been using for years no longer worked, had to dig out the very old one we originally setup using our old email address and after a couple of tries and errors manage to get in (had to add @telstra.com to the old username)
  • our unused data is no longer rolling over after 12 months
  • I had $20 credit on the account which vaporised. Telstra decided to convert that into an extra 20GB that we don't need and that won't be rolled over on renewal

On top of that Telstra no longer support data roaming packs for this type of account, sure not a big deal at the moment but travelling OS will happen again at some stage. 

Basically all the features that made me switch to a Telstra pre-paid are gone, they took my $20 during the plan change and mange to loose (or worse) my credit card details.

Thank you Telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: New pre paid plan

You can leave feedback for Telstra on the webpage

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Dowser
Accepted Solution

Re: New pre paid plan

You can leave feedback for Telstra on the webpage

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit