BatJohn
Level 2: Rookie

No Bills Received and Not Billed on my New Plan

Since I bought my iPhone 13 Pro Plan from Telstra back in September, I haven't received any bills yet and I'm also not being billed. The only payment I have in my MyTelstra account is the upfront payment I paid for the phone and plan. I'm worried that you (Telstra) will charge me a one time big bill so I'm raising this and hopefully will get resolved ASAP. Your agents aren't really a big help since they always just say that they will investigate but no one's actually updating me with the progress of the issue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: No Bills Received and Not Billed on my New Plan

Are you saying that you have only been charged for one upfront payment (for the phone repayment & mobile network access) in September?.

In the My Telstra app > Payements, does it mention AutoPay?.

BatJohn

That's right. That's all I've paid since I had my new phone. It may sound good because I'm using it for free but my guilt can't handle it and I might get charged a one time big time fee once they find this out.

BatJohn

And yes I have my credit card details setup in the Payments section in the MyTelstra app.. I've also noticed that there's a message:

"You have an order in progress. Once it's complete your upcoming payments will be updated here."

And if I go to Past payments, all I can see is the payment for the upfront payment.

Dowser

That order status could be inhibiting the automatic charging each month.

You could query the order status & the apparent absence of charging (since the initial one) with Telstra Support.

BatJohn

What's weird is they can't find my current number (the postpaid number that came in with the phone) and can't connect it to my account. The previous agents I've talked with just puts me on hold then eventually will just say that they have to pass this to other department for checking then says they'll update me after several days but ends up not calling me or anything. What'll happen is I'll call them but again it'll be the same thing. Happened to me like 5x already. I'm already getting tired talking to them lol.

Nat_Cracker
Support Team
Support Team

I would say that's the reason you aren't getting charged. You only start getting billed for a service after the activation process completes. Did you get a physical SIM card with the phone or are you using an eSIM?

BatJohn

Hi there. I got a physical SIM and it's already activated and I'm using it since day 1.

Nat_Cracker
Support Team
Support Team

I would say that it never reached the end of the activation process in the back end of the system which would need an IT docket to push it through. It doesn't mean that you will end up with a huge bill, it just means that after it reaches the end of the activation process, that would be the date that you technically start the contract. For example, if you were paying the device off over 24 months - the first month would be the month the service completes the activation. 

BatJohn

So you're saying that I should just wait? I still haven't received any monthly billing yet atm.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit