jc46
Level 1: Cadet

Number transfer

Answered

How do I transfer the number from my optus prepaid mobile to my existing telstra prepaid when the optus contract expires?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Number transfer

If your read the first post in the link below, this should give you an idea of the process and indicate how you can tackle the event:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/How-to-port-a-number-and-how-long-it-takes-to-...

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

HI jc46,

If you cancel the number/service with the other provider it will be stuck in quarantine with that other provider and you will not be able to use it with us. You will need to transfer over to us while the number is still active. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
DEANJA
Accepted Solution

If your read the first post in the link below, this should give you an idea of the process and indicate how you can tackle the event:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/How-to-port-a-number-and-how-long-it-takes-to-...

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi jc46, 

I apologise it's not possible to transfer an active number to an existing active service, but you can transfer an active number to connect a new service. We can advise you further via Pre-Paid Chat here: http://tel.st/nxzt 24x7 - Cas

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jc46
Level 1: Cadet

Thankyou for that clarificaion.  Sorry I was incorrect, my optus phone is post paid, if I cancel that account as soon as contract expires or whenever, can I have that number transferred to my telstra prepaid?

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

HI jc46,

If you cancel the number/service with the other provider it will be stuck in quarantine with that other provider and you will not be able to use it with us. You will need to transfer over to us while the number is still active. 

DEANJA

Yes you can port your number across, if you go to the link in my first post, it has all the details on how to go about it, or here it is again here.

Nest to start the process BEFORE your Optus  contract expires, maybe a week before.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit