Leanie
Level 1: Cadet

Over charged

It’s been 3 months and I’ve been over charged under the new upfront payment (no bills) system. Getting in touch with anyone form Telstra is time consuming, no phone number actually connects you, the complaints process ends with an error message and forget using the messaging gold member app. Twice been told it would be escalated and fixed with 24-48 hours to have the same amount taken out the month and so the hamster wheel begins again. I have 2 case numbers for the same issue and I’m fed up to say the least. The latest interaction has resulting them in telling me my plan has been changed and it’s not even this device. I’m guessing this new payment system has been brought in to the rape customers of their money to the point where they hope you just give in!  Well I’m not about to, every time i’ve changed a plan(either mine or my kids) there are issues with incorrect charging. I’m now wanting to know who I can contact to get legal advice about my next steps?  Please help me if you have been through this or are facing a similar problem with Telstra? Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Over charged

You should be able to speak to a real person if you call Telstra Support on 132200 (9am - 8pm AEST Weekdays)

Leanie
Level 1: Cadet

Dont you think I haven’t tried on numerous occasions, have you called this number. The message states they don’t have the capacity to take the call and push you back to the automated messaging and then hangs up. It’s been like this for the past 4 months. Trying to get to talk to a real person at Telstra is like trying to buy toilet paper during a covid lock down... impossible!!!!!

Makes me wonder if these barriers are put in place so you can’t actual resolve any issues and give up so they can take what ever amounts they see fit, so bloody frustrating when it continues to happy. I’ve been loyal to them for over 20 yrs and if I didn’t need the coverage I’d  drop them in a heart beat. Until then I need to find out legally what I can do, given I haven’t consented to the amount that’s being deducted. I have 2 case numbers, I think it’s the telecommunications ombudsman that I need to reach out to next, do you know if this is correct?

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Are they Incident numbers or Complaints reference numbers?

You can lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints (it will take 5 business days for a complaints manager to be allocated).

To lodge a complaint with the TIO, go to tio.com.au

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser

@Leanie wrote:

… have you called this number?

Yes I have.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit