kimmyfuzzy
Level 1: Cadet

Overwrite bill for a new phone plan

Hi

i am about to purchase a new phone with telstra and pre-paid plan . That i pay off the phone basically 

but i still have a plan on my old phone 

If i get a new plan . With the same phone number , will it overwrite my phone bill?

Or do i need to pay my old phone bill and then purchase the new phone with the new plan? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Overwrite bill for a new phone plan

If you are purchasing a phone as a Prepaid, you pay for the new phone upfront. You will also not get a bill each month as Prepaid services do not work that way.

You will just need to pay out any remaining payments on your existing phone handset (in one payment) and pay your current bill on time.

You may lose connectivity on your existing service before you receive your new phone when you switch to PrePaid as they will most likely send you a new SIM.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
kimmyfuzzy
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I understand, but i already paid off for the phone i have 

that i pay my phone bill now so i dont lose my phone services 

but i am also buying a new phone with a new plan. That i pay off month to month as i did with this phone i have now 

But if the new phone comes with the new plan

with the plan i have now be disconnected? 

Jupiter

Well that changes things. You did say that you were purchasing a new phone with a prepaid plan, which is totally different.

All that happens with purchasing a new phone on a plan is that you will receive the new phone and put your existing SIM into it. Your new plan is associated to your account and your SIM uses that account information, so the new plan takes effect and the old plan is out the door at the same moment. There should be no loss of service (but can be for up to 10 minutes in the very odd occasion).

With the new Upfront plans, your billing cycle will change as you will be charged the first month's fee on the day that you sign up.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit