Ro
Level 1: Cadet

Phantom phonecalls

I have a telstra prepaid mobile which I use when I'm on call with the ambulance (I'm a volunteer). On this phone I get calls from an unknown number which never have anything on the other end. They happen quite regularly, maybe a couple times a week, and can even occur when the phone is out of range or on only one bar. The phone also doesn't seem to log the calls. I can't block or ignore the calls because calls for ambulance also often come through on an unknown number. I've never had this happen on any other phone or with any other carrier, but this is also the only phone I've ever had with telstra, so I dont know if the phone itself is the problem or something else. They started a few days after the sim was activated.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Phantom phonecalls

Hi Ro, I can appreciate your concern there especially given the nature of the calls you regularly receive on the mobile. If you have details of times and dates when you've received these phantom calls I can help have this problem escalated for further investigation - I'll be in touch shortly via private message to follow up. Greg

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit