karl0295
Level 1: Cadet

Plan upgrade

Answered

Would like to ask the process of upgrading my phone plan.

e.g. do i need to have the original phone box and all the accessories, and return them as i upgrade my phone? 

and what are the various steps of upgrading my phone in mobile swap plan. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Plan upgrade

You just need to have the phone (in good condition). The accessories are just written off (no cost to you).

Simplest way is to backup the contents of your phone and then head in to a store. You can then sign up to a new contract and swap your phone over on the spot.

If doing it online, you sign up and then you have 14 days to return the original handset (from the time you receive the new phone) in the bag provided (put the handset in a box to protect it), otherwise you get charged a non-return fee.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
o_0
Level 19: Deputy Director

I dont know buy just be carefull and ask more what extra costs are involved to be safe.
Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You just need to have the phone (in good condition). The accessories are just written off (no cost to you).

Simplest way is to backup the contents of your phone and then head in to a store. You can then sign up to a new contract and swap your phone over on the spot.

If doing it online, you sign up and then you have 14 days to return the original handset (from the time you receive the new phone) in the bag provided (put the handset in a box to protect it), otherwise you get charged a non-return fee.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit