HelenDove
Level 1: Cadet

Porting from Voda to Telstra/ buying a prepaid sim to use until porting complete.

Hi, 

I have just bought Iphone locked to Telstra, keeping my old ph number, Porting hasnt happened as yet.

My old ph was NOT locked to any network,  

With the public holiday this weekend, it may take longer for porting.

Can i go to woolies and purchase a PREPAID sim , place it into new phone so i can start making calls, and connect to FB etc?

Ive got this gorgeous phone but cant do much until porting happens.

when porting is finalised i was thinking i can swap sims again.

thanks for any help. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
HelenDove

Re: Porting from Voda to Telstra/ buying a prepaid sim to use until porting complete.

I forgot 6to mention that old sim is with Vodaphone prepaid. 

HelenDove

Re: Porting from Voda to Telstra/ buying a prepaid sim to use until porting complete.

Im in queue for live chat

Ive tried calling the  Telstra support phone number but getting "please check the number before calling again" 

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi HelenDove

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. 

How did you get on when you were speaking with the Live Chat Team? Were they able to resolve your concerns regarding your port request? 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit