SingingYogi
Level 2: Rookie

Porting mobile phone service from Vodafone to Telstra

Answered

Hi guys thanks so much for sharing and posting your stories and wisdoms.

May I know about your experience porting your mobile phone service from Vodafone to Telstra in the recent 2 months or so?

I am thinking of moving my mobile phone plan from Vodafone to Telstra for better internet connection but if it is very likely going to be lots of issues then I might just get a backup sim from Telstra in case I need more stable connection. 

I haven't seen posts with porting issues from Vodafone to Telstra lately so perhaps it is a good sign. After reading all kind of your stories I am prepared to spend 2 weeks waiting to be ported as long it will be still be done without hours of effort or having the need to have TIO involved. 

Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance! 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Porting mobile phone service from Vodafone to Telstra

There are two possible outcomes. For the vast majority of people, it is a seamless process and it happens smoothly.

For a small minority of people who end up here, it doesn't work and they spend a lot of time trying to get it resolved.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Hi @SingingYogi 

I follow most posts on here, some get by me though.

From what I have seen recently the porting side of things has been going ok, with only a couple of issues. Those customers haven't posted back so not sure of their success.

The issue presently is trying to get hold of support if you need to. With most of it done via the messaging side in the My Telstra App.

My personal feeling is that I will not buy any Telstra product until the support is back to a reasonable level, and at the moment it is far from it.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

As Vodafone Australia is now 49% owned and operated by TPG, if and when the lads fire up the hundreds of dormant 4G electric pole cell sites, the Vodafone coverage will be far better with more capacity.

As you can read here, Telstra have seemingly abandoned acceptable customer service, so everything will overwhelmingly go well, or a small chance of a lingering problem. Best wishes

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

SingingYogi
Accepted Solution

thats so sad and happens to almost every Telcos :s

Vodafone's connection isnt great in my area but at least i can speak or text their support in India. 

@Ozmoz wrote:

Hi @SingingYogi 

From what I have seen recently the porting side of things has been going ok, with only a couple of issues. Those customers haven't posted back so not sure of their success.

The issue presently is trying to get hold of support if you need to. With most of it done via the messaging side in the My Telstra App.

My personal feeling is that I will not buy any Telstra product until the support is back to a reasonable level, and at the moment it is far from it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

There are two possible outcomes. For the vast majority of people, it is a seamless process and it happens smoothly.

For a small minority of people who end up here, it doesn't work and they spend a lot of time trying to get it resolved.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Ozmoz
Accepted Solution

Hi @SingingYogi 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

As Vodafone Australia is now 49% owned and operated by TPG, if and when the lads fire up the hundreds of dormant 4G electric pole cell sites, the Vodafone coverage will be far better with more capacity.

As you can read here, Telstra have seemingly abandoned acceptable customer service, so everything will overwhelmingly go well, or a small chance of a lingering problem. Best wishes

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

SingingYogi

thanks all for your comments really appreciate!

SingingYogi
Accepted Solution

thats so sad and happens to almost every Telcos :s

Vodafone's connection isnt great in my area but at least i can speak or text their support in India. 

@Ozmoz wrote:

Hi @SingingYogi 

SingingYogi

Wow I think you know more than many Telco's support guys! Thanks so much!

@ProfessorPhone wrote:

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit