Stephanie8
Level 2: Rookie

Post paid medium plan sim card won’t activate

Answered

My order number is J21121563255751. Sim ordered on 12th of October. Sim received 14th of October. I’m still waiting for Telstra to activate my SIM card. I’ve tried to activate it via the Telstra website and app but there comes with an error. What do I do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stephanie8
Accepted Solution

Re: Post paid medium plan sim card won’t activate

Hi, yes it is now resolved. It was a long waiting time of about 2 weeks until they finally activated it. I had to call every 3 business days to complain why it's taking so long. I'd recommend you to keep calling Telstra to explain your situation, also on the messaging app. Eventually it will all work out. I believe my issue was due to the delay with porting from my previous service provider Optus to Telstra. It could be one of two reasons, 1) Optus is delaying the porting process to Telstra or 2) Telstra is being slack and not submitting a porting request to Optus. All the best.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Are you using the webpage ?

If so, it’s possible that the problem could be related to the current outage of the Telstra activation & recharge system that is affecting prepaid services.

MS991
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

Did you manage to get this resolved?

In a similar situation. Been 3 days and just getting bounced from one chat to another. Call centre folks just hang up with the scripted response wait 24 hours. 
Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks

Stephanie8
Accepted Solution

Hi, yes it is now resolved. It was a long waiting time of about 2 weeks until they finally activated it. I had to call every 3 business days to complain why it's taking so long. I'd recommend you to keep calling Telstra to explain your situation, also on the messaging app. Eventually it will all work out. I believe my issue was due to the delay with porting from my previous service provider Optus to Telstra. It could be one of two reasons, 1) Optus is delaying the porting process to Telstra or 2) Telstra is being slack and not submitting a porting request to Optus. All the best.

View solution in original post

MS991
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. Will keep trying.

Have even started a new thread on the forum hoping someone at Telstra actually takes notice.

Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @MS991

Can you give me a run-down of your specific issue? I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction. - Tori 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit