Level 3: Gumshoe

Pre-Paid Mobile phone plan (Simplicity) being updated from 16th Dec.

Answered

Received a text on 5 Nov stating I'll be updated to latest Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile plan from 16 Dec , enjoying more data for the same amount .

Entered the link provided to find that  my recharge amount is being changed from $30 with expiry in 60 days  to expiry in 28 days . (Conveniently not mentioned in body of text ).

In effect , costing me double . Some appreciation for 13 years continual service.

My typical phone usage has no need for more data and definitely not for international calls ,

hence my decision to continue on the Simplicity plan.

Received a reminder text on 9 Dec , and the link included this time has no mention of the cost and expiry time . Does Telstra believe their customers will sit on their hands and accept these underhanded increases ? 

Well , if I can't be offered another plan at the same cost , considering it is a forced upgrade,

this may be my first Telstra service discontinued .

By the way , these texts seem to be sent with a no reply mode , so my attempt to reply is shown "Not Delivered" . Left to virtually search the internet to voice my opinion and thoughts on the matter .

Garry C.

Garry
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre-Paid Mobile phone plan (Simplicity) being updated from 16th Dec.

Garry,

The PrePaid Complete plan will give you what you need, but to get the same value (or better) than you are now, you would need to do either the $150 recharge (6 month expiry - $25 per month equivalent) or the $300 recharge (12 month expiry - $25 per month equivalent). Which I do realise on an aged pension may be a stretch of the finances initially.

PostPaid plans start at $55 per month (although there is a smaller plan that is invite only - you would need to ask a consultant via the chat function in the My Telstra app or calling 132200 to enquire about it).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

Finally , found my entry within this maze .

Anyway , is anyone going to submit a Reply , or don't they get the gist of the matter ?

Garry

Garry

Crowdsupport is a forum where customers attempt to help other customers.

Telstra is rationalising their plans and everyone is being migrated on to the current range. If you can't find a plan with Telstra that suits your needs, you should look at other providers to see if they offer something that suits your needs.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Pamelaandgarry. 

To expand on Jupiter's reply, these changes have been made to customers on specific plans that are no longer in-market offers that are being removed from our plan structure. We understand that there is never a good time to make changes and we don't make these decisions lightly. From time to time we need to review our pricing to ensure we're offering customers value while managing our own costs. We know affordability and value is important to our customers, especially in times such as this, and we have worked hard to keep any increases to a minimum.

We have been sending customers an email or letter about the change beginning in February 2020 - with a link to information about their new plan. Sometimes our emails get automatically routed to your spam of junk folder to be sure to check there and mark us as a safe sender or add us to your email contacts to avoid this in the future. 

We have an indepth FAQ page regarding these changes, the "Why", "How" and "What To Expect" outlined here: https://tel.st/7gzfc. This is also covered by our "General terms of service. You can read the fine print here https://tel.st/tfgr4.

Regards -

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Thank you for your response , Tommy .

Can I tell you my story ?

We moved to this address in 1974 , and have been a customer of yours ever since,

even before the internet and mobiles.

I am now a 76 year old widowed age pensioner , and use a pre-paid mobile phone only for 

calls and text messages .

In light of the abovementioned update of my Simplicity plan (even that provided more than

I ever use), may I ask if there would be a reasonably similar plan available should I elect 

to change to a post-paid mobile phone plan ?

Thanking you.

Garry .

Garry
Accepted Solution

Garry,

The PrePaid Complete plan will give you what you need, but to get the same value (or better) than you are now, you would need to do either the $150 recharge (6 month expiry - $25 per month equivalent) or the $300 recharge (12 month expiry - $25 per month equivalent). Which I do realise on an aged pension may be a stretch of the finances initially.

PostPaid plans start at $55 per month (although there is a smaller plan that is invite only - you would need to ask a consultant via the chat function in the My Telstra app or calling 132200 to enquire about it).

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit