ChugM
Level 1: Cadet

Pre paid SIM card for Ipad

I have an ipad which has a prepaid SIM card for 12 months. Through the ipad I can connect to my emails and the internet. I have an upgrade waiting to upgrade to IOS 7.0.4 but when I try to download and install this it tells me I need to be connected to Wifi. Can you please tell me how I can do this without being connected to Wifi as I obviously don't have that.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Pre paid SIM card for Ipad

No friends or family that have home internet you can leech from? I'm in the same boat, well kinda of as I now run my iPhone via a router when I'm home so other thingies can connect however I can trick the iPhone by connecting it to the router wifi while it's actually supplying the internet.

Hope that's readable, been a long hot day.

Cheers,
Dave

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Pre paid SIM card for Ipad

Hey ChugM, 

Apple stores have a WiFi connection available so that upgrades can be done in store 🙂 so if you can get  into one, that could be a great option. 

Failing that, as Caaf mentioned, look at using your phone as a hot spot. 

So if they use the same SIM's you could even pop the SIM card from the iPad into the phone to then use the iPad's data usage

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit