Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Price increase to $50 plan in August

Now that the "plans" are not locked in for a set terms appears there are going to be regular price increases. Can Telstra please tell me what my soon to be $55 sim only plan has that Optus $40 plan doesn't?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Price increase to $50 plan in August

The $40 offer is on a 12 month lock in contract. 

If you compare like for like, Optus month-to-month plan is $55 for 15GB and Telstra new plan is also month-to-month for $50 for 15GB. 

Then you also go to the difference in the network capabilities. For data usage, the Telstra network is usually going to provide faster speeds and coverage in more areas, but I mean it is dependant on what you consider most important.

You could try calling 13 22 00 and say "disconnection" between 9am and 9pm (AEST) and you will get a team primarily based in Adelaide who will be a able to go over your needs and see if they can find a better solution for you, if not will be able to ensure that you have no issues when you go to port out your service. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi Oldhutchy,  I would take a look at the Belong $40 a month plan, includes 30GB data. Plus unlimited international calls/SMS/MMS to 33 countries.
Additional data is $10 for 2GB, you order as needed, it is not automatically applied.

They also have a $10 and $25 plan that doesn't include international calls.

https://www.belong.com.au/critical-information-summaries
Downside: no voicemail service, only message2text which is 10 seconds of message converted to text and sent as an SMS.   If you have a bigpond.com or telstra.com email account you may need to pay $79 a year to keep it if you have no other account with Telstra that it can be linked with.

Belong is a division of Telstra. Your telstra mobile number can transfer across.

Note: I am not a Belong or Telstra employee, just a shareholder.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Oldhutchy, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear there has been an increase in your plan. Were you on our 'S' sim only offer?

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit