GuiGui
Level 1: Cadet

"Old" $35 Telstra Mobile Member Plan data rates

G'day, I have what Telstra call an "obsolete" mobile plan, which costs $35 per month, and is a post paid plan. I'm out of contract.

My bill (the latest one dated 8 October 2021) has the following statement:

"Includes unlimited standard national calls, text & MMS and $20 allowance to use on
other eligible usage in Australia"

I'm assuming that "eligible usage" includes data, as when I check MyTelstra indicates that "You're being charged per MB."

What I am trying to find out is: what is the per MB rate, so that I can figure how much data is covered by the $20 allowance.

I have tried asking Telstra, but unfortunately, the only answer I get is that "your plan is obsolete and you have no inclusions", contrary to what my bill states.

Thank you!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: "Old" $35 Telstra Mobile Member Plan data rates

I can't find your plan as described. Check https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/consumer-advice/pdf/consumer/mobileoldcons.pdf and see if you can find the plan that you are on.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @GuiGui, with that plan, you get charged $2 per MB. If you're spending that amount per month, I'd recommend having a look at our current prepaid offers . Please feel welcome to message us in the Telstra app if you'd like us to review the services with us to make sure they suit your needs

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GuiGui
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your reply @ShannonD .

It looks like I can't just upgrade my current plan to one that includes more data, except by purchasing extra data packs. When I try to upgrade, all I get are the prepaid plans, and I have no control over how I can make payment, as it always includes Afterpay.

Can you confirm that there are indeed no postpaid (as in paid with my current bill) options to upgrade my current plan?

Jupiter

You can't upgrade the old plans as they have been withdrawn from the market.

The only options are the Telstra Upfront Mobile Plans (which use Autopay as the only payment method) or the current range of PrePaid Plans. The old-style PostPaid Plans no longer exist.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit