Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

register for 25GB of extra data

I downloaded the My Telstra app to my mobile, but when I click on 'sign in'I get a message 'My Telstra has stopped' I have tried several time and rebooted my phone. enabled mobile data instead of wifi, same result each time. Anyone else getting the same issues?

Here is the Telstra offer if you haven't yet seen it.

All our personal and small business post-paid mobile and mobile broadband customers can register for an extra 25GB of data at no extra charge - to use in Australia within 30 days if they register by 30 June 2020.

You can register via the My Telstra app until 30 June 2020 and the data will be available within 48 hours. We’ll send you an SMS when it’s been applied.

The data will expire after 30 days but you can apply for another 25GB of data up until 30 June 2020.

Please note mobile broadband customers will not receive an SMS. You won’t see the extra data on your bill, but it will appear in your app usage information.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: register for 25GB of extra data

You can register for the extra data using online form at link below.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/COVID-19?ti=TD_fr_cs_tcom_COVID19

To fix the Telstra app have you tried uninstalling and then re installing the app.

Highlighted

Yes I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling with the same result.

However thank you for the link, I have just registered that way.

Have a great day.

Highlighted

just an update re the My Telstra app.

It is now letting me sign in after I received the extra data, I had also downloaded Chrome for something else so not sure which was the reason it is now working. I had also lodged a feedback message which could also have enabled a fix.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

thanks so much I have been trying to find that link for ages. 

Highlighted

I think its pathetic how Telstra offer additional data and say to apply for it via the app, only to make it impossible to find. I still can't see where on the app link is located???

Highlighted

Telstra deliberately make it almost impossible to register for the 25GB free so they dont have to give it away but can still advertise that they are compassionate and caring telco. lol

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hi @Dorothy007 

You can register for the extra data here,

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/COVID-19?ti=TD_fr_cs_tcom_COVID19

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

This link won't work anymore...been trying for over 2wks now & it just says the form is unresponsive & to try again soon. Well 2wks+ later is a pretty long "soon". Any updates on this? I don't know why Telstra bother offering it if its impossible to get...

Highlighted

Hi @Lou225 

To the best of my knowledge Telstra only offered this un till the 30 of June (unless you are in Melbourne) 

probably  why it's no longer available .

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Highlighted

Hi @Rohan123 I recieved a text saying it had been extended & that I could apply again from 29th June & it had a link attached that doesn't work either. The text came from Telstra themselves & alot of others I know got it too so Im not sure what is going on...

Highlighted

Hi @Lou225 

I can't find a link to the extra data either,

Happy to be corrected if someone else can Smiley Happy

This is the only link I can find to current Telstra benefits due to covid 19.

https://www.telstra.com.au/covid19

Rohan
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

The last day of the offer was 30th June 2020.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi @Rohan123 

I contacted Telstra yesterday & they are getting their back of house team to do it. Couldn't explain why the link is unresponsive though but anyway, I was told the offer is extended until August 30th 😊

Highlighted

OK. Found the information.

For people who live in the Melbourne Metropolitan Area and the Mitchell Shire, you will be able to access the request to get the extra data from Tuesday, 14th July 2020. You will need to do this using the My Telstra app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit