Kelshy
Level 1: Cadet

Retrieve MMS online?

Is it possible to retrieve a MMS via the internet?

My phone is MMS capable, but is on a corporate plan that doesn't include a data service, and I don't have access to billing etc.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Retrieve MMS online?

Hi Kelshy,

If you are sent an MMS and you don't have MMS enabled you will receive instead a link in an sms to access the MMS, otherwise it isn't possible to retrieve an MMS via the internet. Perhaps you can suggest to the person sending the MMS that they email instead?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kelshy

Thanks Ashley, all my phone says is:

"Get media content now (221KB)"

Tapping the link doesn't seem to do anything regardless of if the phone is connected to a wireless network or not, so I guess it's not a URI-style link?

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Kelshy,

The link that is forwarded to you should be a URL Link with a login and password attached.
You don't actually need a data plan in order to receive an MMS though.

MMS data is separate to internet data and can be independently enabled and disabled.

You can test if you have access to MMS by sending a picture (can be of anything, even your big toe) to 176667.
This is a free test service, and if you have MMS access, you'll get an MMS back within a few minutes.

If you don't have access, the message sending with either fail, or you won't receive a response.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Kelshy

Hi Matt,

Just tried sending a picture to 176667, and it failed to send. The wording of the original text message indicates that I should be able to retrieve the message but regardless of if an internet connection is present it doesn't seem to work.

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Kelshy,

It sounds like the service may have been totally restricted. (including the 'legacy MMS' service that sends a link to your phone)
You may need to have a chat to the account holder regarding your accesses to MMS.

- Matt

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit