Poulus
Level 1: Cadet

Roaming on Pre-Paid plan changed AGAIN

I am currently abroad and Telstra seems to enjoy teasing customers abroad;

first received the threat in January that roaming would be disabled on my PrePaid LongLife;

thus changed that 1 month ago to the ridiculous expensive PrePaid Complete plan;

now, just 1 month later received the same threat AGAIN stating I am blocked from international roaming because it has been taken out of my current plan!?

Found online that AGAIN the Pre-Paid plans have changed and there now is a PrePaid Mobile plan;

However under my account details it clearly states that my current plan support roaming until expiry (5/8/21)

WHAT IS GOIN ON !?!?!?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Roaming on Pre-Paid plan changed AGAIN

No Telstra Prepaid plans currently support International Roaming (since 13th October 2020). It is due to be reintroduced mid-2021 when Prepaid services are moved to the new platform.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Poulus

That means that Telstra has consciously blocked all their (pre-paid) customers currently abroad from reaching essential services like banking, which is linked to mobiles, and other public services that require validation by mobile number. Telstra really has no interest whatsoever in their customers, unbelieveable!!!

Jupiter

Yes. And it was announced mid last year with a few months notice so that people could prepare for it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Poulus

Thus… the simple fact that any roaming mobile can always call and connect to Telstra customer service (+61439125109 ) when abroad(!) shows that Telstra is simply playing customers and performing marketing games with their plans to extract more money; it is never a matter of some technology blocking the function! And having worked in the telco industry I can prove it!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit