LDickinson
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung Galaxy S4 home wi-fi connection issues

My new Samsung Galaxy S4 connects to the internet via 4G instantly. However at home it connects to the wi-fi and registers etc however the actual Internet pages wont load and it times out. As soon as you turn off the wi-fi it picks up 4G immediately again. The error I get when loading pages "the web page is unavailable as the page took too long to respond".  I wanted to get another S4 for my daughter but wont if she cant access Internet at home. Iphone 5 connects to wi-fi no issue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
TheL
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 home wi-fi connection issues

Hi LDickinson, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to Crowdsupport. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have not yet experienced this issue. 

Can you answer the below for me please:

- If you switch off Mobile Data on your S4 and only connect to Wi-Fi, does it work? If it doesn't initial Wi-Fi setup on your device may be incorrect.

- Have you tried forgetting the Wi-Fi network on your S4 and then inputting the credentials to see if it was a Wi-Fi authentication issue?

- As simple as it sounds, have you switched off your Samsung S4, pull battery and SIM card out and put it all back in together to do a device restart?

Let me know how you go

- Luis

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

infusion77

I also have a Galaxy S4 and am having a very tough time establishing a wifi connection at home, to my wifi enabled Telstra modem. Even after the restart mentioned above, by removing battery & sim card.

Please provide a list of step by step instructions that I can follow to connect to my home wifi.

Teena

I too am having the same issues. I have tried all of the above mentioned and have even gone and bought a new router and nothing has fixed this problem. All of our other wifi devices work fine on both the new and old router.If you google galaxy s4 connection issues you can see that this is a major issue. Where i live we dont get the best mobile service so i cant even connect to mobile data. Is there any other things that i can try or what options do i have with telstra?

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All,

We have a really good guide for mobiles here: http://www.telstra.com.au/account-services/mobile-support/

It provides steps on how to configure the device and a tab with troubleshooting steps which includes the WiFi issues.

Hope this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit