Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Sim activation - absolutely ridiculous.

I just wanted to share my story here as I really do not know what my options are at this point. On the 3rd of November I ordered a BYO sim, 4 weeks later and after 4 phone calls, my sim is still not activated!!!

Here is the timeline of events on how it happened:

Nov 3rd - I placed the online order for the BYO sim.

Nov 5th - Sim card recieved in the post, submitted for activation in the evening of the 5th and email recieved saying my plan has been activated in the same evening. Email stated that activation should take place within 4 hours.

Nov 10th - Old number still not disconnected, called up Telstra, they put another request through and aplogised for the delay, Informed it would take another 3-5 working days to process. I was not happy but understood that sometimes delays occur and decided to wait.

Nov 19th - Still nothing, called up again and they esclated the issue, was infomred activation would take place within 24-48hrs.

Nov 23rd - Still nothing, called up again and this time I was extremely angry, rep apologised and said they have escalated and it is now a priority and assuerd me it will be done within 24 hrs

Nov 26th (Today) - Still nothing, I called up and demanded answers, no appropiate answer could be given besides "a glitch in the system" and more useless apologies. This was the last straw and I demanded that my sim be cancelled, however, it was not possible as the sim was still "in process" of activation. Was told I could cancel it after it becomes activated, but not right now. Rep said they would activiate it within 4 hours (Dejavu?).

It's been 3 hours since the phone call, not activated yet.

Now, to rub salt on the wound, Telsta is now running a promo where you get $10 off if you transfer over frrom a different carrier.

I'm feeling so frustrated, in the past i've transferred between carriers (TPG to Spintel) it took LESS THAN 24 hrs to complete. The whole reason why wanted to switch to Telstra and PAY MORE was supposedly for the better service and reliable network. While i'm sure that the coverage is better than the Optus network, the actual task to get connected has just been monumental and extremely dissapointing.

I really do not know what to do now except to wait and hope that my sim is activated in any sort of reasonable timeframe. At this stage, I will be lucky if I get connected on this side of Christmas!

Having never experienced Telstra's mobile service before, I really expected better from the largest and supposedly "best" telecommuications company in Australia.

- One extremely angry customer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Sim activation - absolutely ridiculous.

Ok just an update, still not activated yet. WTF IS GOING ON HERE??

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Iggy82,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
I'd recommend you ring Telstra on 132200 and say "disconection".
They are based in Adelaide and will be able to help you.
Good Luck.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

i wanna to share as well, recently i believe the online team or online sales team was (removed) up the systerm, i cant not do the order correctly like my plan have the bonus data which is 2.5 base + 4.5 bonus, they told me cant add on my account...how stupid is it, if i pay for extra data, they can add straight away, if for free data, they cant add...lie for customer, did you try to go to store and ask one for the staff, they may be can call up and push the team to activate for you...last time i did that, i did online activate, but nothing show up, so i went to the store and with in 4 hours they did, i was port my number from another provider to telstra

now all online order or offer is suck, i better go to the store...but i knew the offer is not that good compare the online, i wish online team can really fix the issue

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey RayOR,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

I can appreciate your frustrations with the issues with being able to receive the extra bonus data that is available with the new plans that we have available in the system. The reason that this was not available when the online order was completed is that these offers with the bonus data are only available to new customers that are porting their number to us. It is not currently available for existing or re-contracting customers.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Typical problem with Telstra (had the same with Foxtel several years ago). Good product, reps very nice and promise everything, but overall service is bottom of the pile.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit