JACspain
Level 1: Cadet

Sim Activation

Hello. 

I am traveling with my family to Australia on July 21, for a month and a half. I bought two $30 TELSTRA Pre-Paid SIM kit to make calls and have internet on our mobile phones in Australia, NT. We have international passports and visas valid for tourists.

But, I have a problem with the activation of Telstra SIM cards online, when Telstra contrasts my personal data (name, surname, passport number, etcetera) with the government database, System shows an error of identification ("The ID details entered did not match government database"), although I transcribe literally the data of my visa (pdf with my VISA GRANT NOTICE sent by the Australian government). I can only make two attempts, because the third one should block the activation.

I also tried to activate the SIM cards through a Telstra 24x7 Chat, but the Telstra technicians have the same problem. Your technicians tell me that there is a complicated SIM card activation service (for example, when trying to activate the cards from abroad, before entering Australia, but with an international passport and valid visa).

I await your response with the solution.

Thank you

Jesus Angel Cuevas

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit