Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Staff connect changes to $0 Zone 2 international Travel Pass. Why are we now being charged?

I have had the $0 zone 2 international roaming travel pass staff connect activated on my account for approximately 18 months now. I used it in  2017 for 3 weeks in Japan without accruing any additional charges on my staff connect plan.

Last week I went to Indonesia and was charged an additional $230 for having international roaming active for 24 hours!

What has changed from 2017 to now in relation to the T&C of this contract that made previously eligible staff to be now illegible to access the same offer?

Was any notice or SMS sent to existing users to notify us of changes to our staff connect plan and that we are no longer eligible to get the travel pass free?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Staff connect changes to $0 Zone 2 international Travel Pass. Why are we now being charged?

Hi @Hemstra

Apologies for any concern you've experienced.

My understanding is that the add on can only be requested for business travel purposes.

If you were on work related travel, my advice would be to speak to your 1-up manager..

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Staff connect changes to $0 Zone 2 international Travel Pass. Why are we now being charged?

So if you use the 24/7 app to put in a bill dispute you get this error message

" sorry an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later "
Has been happening for the last 4 days.
Very disappointed!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit