Julz66
Level 2: Rookie

StayConnected move to Upgrade and Protect - what happens if my phone is lost or stolen?

Regarding the discontinuation of StayConnected Advanced and StayConnected Plus enrolments

"From 30 June 2021, some customer’s StayConnected Advanced or StayConnected Plus enrolments will end and impacted customers will be moved to Upgrade and Protect."

My phone will no longer be protected if lost or stolen (which was the main reason I selected the StayConnected service).

Is there any protection for my phone if it is lost or stolen?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
JoJoH
Support Team
Support Team

Re: StayConnected move to Upgrade and Protect - what happens if my phone is lost or stolen?

The lost and stolen will not be covered anymore. Do you have home and contents Insurance? as a lot of them include mobiles. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Melodeon
Level 2: Rookie

Re: StayConnected move to Upgrade and Protect - what happens if my phone is lost or stolen?

I can't understand how telstra can change a agreement that customer's signed up for half way through a contract. So basically we're getting less protection for the same cost and higher excess.🙄

It's a pretty anti consumer move.

Kat_Day
Level 1: Cadet

I agree with this. Telstra seems to not care for their customers & have cheaper out with upgrade & protect. 
They should do a poll with Telstra users before signing a contract we never agreed for. 

I guess Optus is the way to go now. 

Bbfalla

I found out it's because the contracts aren't 100 percent a locked contract for telstras side of things anymore it's more causal so they can pull stuff like this and change our contract on their end it's a loophole annoyingly 

sfry

When I signed up to my Telstra plan I subscripted to the StayConnected Advanced service. On my most recent bill I noticed that I now have a subscription to Upgrade and Protect instead.

I just spoke to a Telstra agent and asked them if this means I won't be covered if my phone is lost or stolen. They told me I would still be covered if my phone is lost or stolen. I even asked them to confirm this with their supervisor. The supervisor said that Upgrade and Protect is that same as Stay Connected Advance where you can redeem a new phone. They told me there won't be any fee if you will redeem for Lost and Stolen, unlike with Stay Connected which has a $270 redemption fee.

There seems to be conflicting advice from Telstra, so what is the official advice?

If it is true that protection for lost and stolen devices is no longer offered to customers who signed up to StayConnected Advancesd where in the terms and conditions does it allow Telstra to cancel a customers StayConnected Advanced service and transfer them to the Upgrade and Protect Service?

I don't recall receiving an email from Telstra notifying me of this change. Has Telstra notified it's customers via letter or email of this change?

Regards

Kat_Day

it only covers upgrade & protection on your phone or device you have on. They changed all plans as they don’t have a contract with stay connected advance. Upgrade & protect doesnt protect for lost device. I lost mine & I was told it doesn’t cover lost / stolen. I also signed up with stay connected advance and was told earlier this year they were changing all plans. Notified me by email. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit