craigsp1
Level 2: Rookie

Stop message ‘the person you are trying to call is unavailable…..

I have a prepaid account that was recently migrated to a new plan by Telstra and now callers call my phone and after a few rings they hear…’the person you are calling right now is unavailable…please try again later’.

I don’t want callers to hear any messages from Telstra I want the phone to just ring out for the caller. Can this be changed?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Stop message ‘the person you are trying to call is unavailable…..

Are you able to send and receive SMS and MMS messages?.

Firstly, I suggest that you reset your network settings and restart your phone, then test it.

Secondly, you could set the ringing time:

1. On your Telstra mobile, dial **61*101** then the number of seconds you want to extend your ring time to - 15, 20, 25 or 30 - then finish with #. So, to extend your ring time to 30 seconds, you’d dial
  1. **61*101**30#
  2. Press Call/Send
  3. You’ll see a screen confirming your ring time extension has been successful
craigsp1

I reset my network settings , no luck! I dialled that number and I didn’t receive a confirmation, just a series of information about setting registration succeeded,  it not relating to amount of time the phone rings. The message was still present!.

Dowser

Are you able to send and receive SMS and MMS messages and use internet data?.

Also, check if the phone is silent, in Airplane Mode, or has Do Not Disturb enabled.

craigsp1

Yes I can send and receive SMS’s. Phone is not in airplane mode or do not disturb/silent mode. 

Dowser

If possible, please put a different (working) Telstra SIM in your phone, restart it, and test if it can receive calls (obviously on that number).

- If it does then it points the finger at your phone.

- If not, then it’s an issue with your account setup and you would have to contact Telstra Support.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

If you don't have Messagebank active on your service, that is the message that callers will hear if you don't answer. It is the equivalent of a "ring out". You can't get the message removed.

The message is there so that callers know that the call hasn't been answered, rather than the call dropping out.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
craigsp1

Ok thanks, I see. I guess I can live with that!

Jupiter

You don't have any choice, so you'll have to.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit