dippypants
Level 2: Rookie

Swapping from iPhone to Nexus 5 but haven't payed off iPhone contract

Answered

Hi Guys!

I am planning on purchasing a Nexus 5 and use the Telstra plan I have got on the Nexus 5. I have not yet fully payed off the iPhone that was on my contract. 

As I understand transferring the SIM card from the iPhone 5s to the Nexus 5 will just work and my plan will continue on the Nexus 5 until I complete my two year cycle. 

Will there be any complications using the same plan that I haven't yet payed off on my other iPhone, on my Nexus?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Swapping from iPhone to Nexus 5 but haven't payed off iPhone contract

Hi dippypants,

From a billing point of view everything will charge as per normal.

From a support point of view the tech team will not be able help you with the new phone.

The only other time you will have an issue is when trying to add things online, as in some instances they require the IMEI number. This just means you'll have to chat or call to get those things done.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi dippypants,

From a billing point of view everything will charge as per normal.

From a support point of view the tech team will not be able help you with the new phone.

The only other time you will have an issue is when trying to add things online, as in some instances they require the IMEI number. This just means you'll have to chat or call to get those things done.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

dippypants
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit