BrookeA
Level 1: Cadet

Switching from personal to Business Mobile Phone plan & early termination

Answered

I joined with telstra on a personal phone plan with a $79 cap 2 months ago and signed up with a Month contract. I now have a new job which includes a work phone which will also be with telstra. Is it possible to switch my personal contract with the business one? Is there anyway that I can avoid an early termination fee? Roughly how much would it be if I have no other option?

Cheers for your time and any advice you can offer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: Switching from personal to Business Mobile Phone plan & early termination

Did you sign up on the personal $79 plan ( Which I assume is the Freedom Connect Plan) on a 12 or 24mth contract?  Your Early Cancellation fee will be determined by how long you signed up for and whether or not you had a BYO handset or hand a handset partly subisdised on the plan.

Your best bet would be to talk to billing over the phone on 13 22 00, Go to your local telstra shop or alternatively have a chat to the live chat team on the link below to see what the actual ETCs will be.

https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

Otherwise, You always have the option of keeping your personal phone number/handset personal and just sign up with your new work on a brand new number on their busines plan.  This way,  you will not have to pay any cancellation fees and when you leave the company you will not have to go through the whole process of getting your number back from the company and putting it back into your personal name.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Did you sign up on the personal $79 plan ( Which I assume is the Freedom Connect Plan) on a 12 or 24mth contract?  Your Early Cancellation fee will be determined by how long you signed up for and whether or not you had a BYO handset or hand a handset partly subisdised on the plan.

Your best bet would be to talk to billing over the phone on 13 22 00, Go to your local telstra shop or alternatively have a chat to the live chat team on the link below to see what the actual ETCs will be.

https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

Otherwise, You always have the option of keeping your personal phone number/handset personal and just sign up with your new work on a brand new number on their busines plan.  This way,  you will not have to pay any cancellation fees and when you leave the company you will not have to go through the whole process of getting your number back from the company and putting it back into your personal name.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!

View solution in original post

BrookeA
Level 1: Cadet

Wow. thank you so much for your friendly advice and assistance! MUCH appreciated! Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit