Whateverssdsds
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra changed my account without asking and now I can’t revert to shared data

Hi,

I recently enquired about changing accounts through the horrid chat service. I basically asked ‘can I continue to share data with my wife if I go on a new plan’ I was told yes, but I never confirmed any plan change. The next day, my plan was changed and I’ve spent hours trying to get my data shared with my wife again. Three chat staff have advised they CAN migrate my wife’s number to their new system, so that the data can be shared and that this will take 24hours. Each time, 24 hours late, nothing has happened and I start another chat to be told I can’t share data.

Now I’m asking to revert back to my old plan, but Telstra won’t allow that either. I have spent about 9 hours on hold on the phone this week, with no answer from Telstra. Chats are getting me nowhere and my wife’s data is about to get exceeded.

What can I do? I have asked to ‘make a complaint’ about 7 times today on the chat with no luck.

Cheers in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: Telstra changed my account without asking and now I can’t revert to shared data

Your wife could possibly change to one of the new Telstra Upfront Mobile plans using the My Telstra app.

However, it is stated at https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/telstra-upfront-mobile-plan

Data Sharing is automatically included with any upfront mobile or data services that are on the same account”

So the mobiles would have to be on the same account.  This could be achieved by filling in a Change Of Ownership form at a Telstra store.

Dakota19
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra changed my account without asking and now I can’t revert to shared data

Oh wow I know how you feel, Im inthe same situation but with a different service,  they have no clue what they are doing, and change and charge whenever they like , so I'm heading up to the top of telstra  Australia again , as that's the only way anything gets done , the others either lie to you,  charge for things you don't ask for , message in either the chat or billing are idiots and don't have a clue how to fix anything,  the only solution I think is dump telstra,  and go elsewhere sorry again for  the problems your having Smiley Sad 

Whateverssdsds

The mobiles are on the same account. The new plans are all $20+ more expensive.

that’s the kicker though. The CIS says you can share data if on same account, plus there are huge banners on their site saying ‘shared data is back’. We meet that criteria but can’t share and their staff have different opinions on the matter but we are still in the lurch

Whateverssdsds

To be 100% clear. Our plans are on the same account. They used to data share, but they won’t let us anymore. 

Dowser

@Whateverssdsds wrote:

To be 100% clear. Our plans are on the same account. They used to data share, but they won’t let us anymore. 

Are they both now on the new Telstra Upfront Mobile plans?.

Whateverssdsds

No. But that’s what I was originally querying. They told me data could be shared still. Then I left the conversation and they changed MY plan only. Since then they’ve told me they can migrated HER plan across to the ‘new system’ so we can share data. They then cancel that order each time and I end up with no shared data. The only fix they’re offering now is putting HER on the new plan, but that’s $20/month more expensive. They won’t revert MY plan back either. 

Dowser

I understand your explanation, but transferring your wife to the new Upfront plan might be the way to resolve it.

You could contact support & ask if they can apply a discount given your situation.

By the way, how much data does she use per month?.

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Whateverssdsds,

I feel your frustration Smiley Sad

Unfortunately, Telstra can't put you back onto your old plan, as it's no longer available it's not in their system to put you back onto. 

Don't waste anymore time going through the Messaging system...you now need to lodge a complaint by filling in an online form or ringing them.

You can use the below link to lodge a complaint:

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I personally would ring the Complaints number 1800 247 862, I'm not sure if they're open on a weekend, might be best to ring them tomorrow.

After my latest dealings with Messaging through the My Telstra App I refuse to use it again.

I used it 2 weeks ago on a Saturday starting at 5.40pm to add a $10 talk pack to  a Pre-Paid Long Life plan (because Telstra has stopped customer's being able to do this themselves).

During my chat session the consultant had twice told me it had been done and gave me 2 order numbers and case numbers because the original order was cancelled. 

I wrote that I still couldn't see in the Account that it had been added and they replied that it could take time to show (which I know is incorrect) so I ended the chat at 10.30pm.

The next day (Sunday) I tried Messaging again in the App, the consultant asked me to explain what I wanted in more detail,. OMG, I wrote "Don't bother, Have you read my previous messages?. If you can't understand, I'll end this now".  So I ended the chat with their reply "This is noted".

On Monday morning I ended up ringing and speaking to the Pre-Paid team to get the $10 talk pack added to the Account successfully while I was on the phone. 

Then I get an automated phone call from Telstra saying an order was flagged in their system and cancelled that I need to call a number to speak to someone regarding this. I presumed this was regarding to the $10 talk pack that was cancelled in my chat session on Saturday so I didn't call them. 

Then a bit later I get another call from Telstra and spoke to a man saying that the order was cancelled and I said I've already spoken to Pre-Paid that morning and got the $10 talk pack added to the Account. He transferred me through to the Pre-Paid team and another man told me there was an order to CHANGE THE PRE-PAID MOBILE PLAN on the Saturday through chat that was flagged and cancelled. OMG, I DID NOT ask for the plan to be changed. Smiley Mad

Telstra either need to train their chat employees better or get rid of the Messaging contact method and put more employees in call centres. 

Edit: In the chat session on the Saturday I was never asked my personal details to confirm who I was to be able to make changes to the AccountSmiley Surprised

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Dakota19
Level 2: Rookie

WOW , how ridiculous is that !!! I seriously think that service is just designed to drive you mad 😬 as it isn’t helpful at all !! I don’t know anyone who has had a positive outcome from it ,? So it begs to differ why they even have it at all ? It just seems to be a waste of money when they could employ people for proper chat who can get the job done that you can actually speak to 😳 , I’ll keep you updated on this saga , as I received this morn a case has been created to fix this issue !!!! Hmmmmm I will not be holding my breath 😬

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit