Irvin71
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra one number and sending text to premium number

Hello all, does anyone know when telstra one number and sending text message to premium numbers become available in the upfront plan?

I moved from Optus to Telstra two months ago. Sadly to find out telstra one number is not available in the upfront plan. This is the only post plan you can sign up with telstra if you purchased handset outright with a retailer.

Also only find out you cannot send text (for tv games) to premium numbers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra one number and sending text to premium number

The possible availability of One Number in those plans was mentioned by @Jupiter in the thread https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/telstra-tv/cant-activate-telstra-one-for-apple-watch/m-p/9288...

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I wouldn't expect SMS to Premium Numbers becoming available as they are listed under Plan Exclusions.

We have heard that One Number might become available mid-May.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Irvin71
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you guys. I will wait until May.

As per the text message to premium numbers, I understand it is excluded in the upfront plan. There is no option to pay extra for the feature outside the plan. For example you can add an international call pack if you talk more than 30 mins included in the plan. Hope this make sense. 

it is always a consumer choice which network we can go to. Am just checking what the community knows that’s all. Thank you

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit