Jesrmann
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra one number and upfront plan

Is there anyway to activate one number while on an upfront plan? I signed up yesterday and no choice but an upfront plan, and now I cannot add my existing watch via one number. Seems very counter-productive for telstra?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra one number and upfront plan

One Number is currently unavailable on the Upfront Mobile Plans. There has been some discussion in threads here that it could become available mid-May (but this is not official).

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Jesrmann, 

Dowser is correct, it's coming soon but I don't have a specific date yet, keep an eye on the following page under 'inclusions'  https://tel.st/js7pj

Angela

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Spacepus
Level 2: Rookie

That page is now showing that One Number is included in all Upfront plans, and all references to One Number being unsupported on Upfront plans have been removed. However, I remain unable to sign up to One Number.

Is One Number now able to be used with Upfront plans?

Dowser

It is now available on Telstra Upfront mobile plans.

You can find information about activation etc on the Telstra webpage

What make and model phone are you using?.

Spacepus

iPhone X and Apple Watch SE (2020).

I am still receiving the error ‘Your Telstra account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact Telstra at 132 200 for more information.’

I tried asking support the other day and after several hours and several salespeople, I received the stock ‘not currently available on upfront’ response.

Dowser

Have a look at the My Telstra app > Services > Mobile > Extras, and see if One Number is listed.

Also, in the thread a user got One Number to work by following the steps:

Unpair watch from mobile

Back up phone (to iCloud)

Erase all content and settings on phone

Paired watch and activated One Number data plan

Restored phone from back up via iCloud

Erased all and keep plan on watch via settings on watch

Paired with phone again and this time the one number stuck.

Spacepus

Thanks for the help! I don’t have One Number listed in Extras. Doing a Full reset on the watch still gives me the same error during setup (“Your Telstra account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact Telstra at 132 200 for more information.”)

I’m currently speaking with support.

Spacepus

After conversations with Support (chat, sigh...) they advise One Number remains unavailable for those on Upfront plans. The advertising claim on the Upfront Plan page listing One Number as an inclusion is false. They claim you are able to add it to older plans, however in my own experience this is also false.

Dowser

My information is that the individual that you communicated with is incorrect.

I just spoke to a Telstra Technical Support consultant, whom confirmed with a Level 2 technician that One Number is available on the Upfront Mobile Plans.

Please call 132200 (9am - 8pm) and speak to the Mobile Activation Team.

Spacepus

Thanks for that info! I’ll try calling (though I am not hopeful).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit