Stevtork
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra plan change fail

Looking for some guidance. I am on an old plan with Telstra for 2 mobile services. Recently Telstra advised they were moving me to current plans on the 22nd November and “don’t worry, there is nothing for you to do”. 
fast forward to last night and BOTH mobile services ceased to work. No phone call service, no mobile data. 
I have spent 12 hours on Telstras live chat. Chasing my tail. I get so far with one person, then they disappear for an hour and a newbie shows up asking the same questions (no referring back to the previous chat). 
I have been transferred to “technical support” 4 times and am getting nowhere. 
I can’t call Telstra because I can’t make outgoing calls. They can’t call me because I can’t receive incoming calls. 

my theory is they have shut off the old plan and not moved me to the new plan. The Telstra app still shows the old data inclusion totals. 

does anyone have any knowledge as to whether that scenario is possible and how I can get Telstra to fix without another 12 hours on chat!  Thanks everyone

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra plan change fail

That scenario is possible, but shouldn't happen.

There is no way to get it fixed without spending time on chat.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit