Mmickmm
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra plan issue - credit check

So far telstra has been an abolsute disaster.

I am currently with Vodafone and want to transfer to telstra, predominantly for reception purposes. 

I went into a store and had to wait hours to be told my credit didn't pass.... I was previously with telstra about 6 years ago on a pre paid device and never had debt or money owing.

I have never missed a payment with Vodafone and don't have any debt with anyone, I'm also on a high income, under contract within the finance industry so my credit score is exceptional. They told me that I needed to go on a plan for 6 months before I could apply for a phone but then followed up by saying I wasn't even viable for a plan....... they gave me absolutely no reasoning behind why. 

This explains a lot of what I've been hearing lately of how poor Telstras customer service is.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra plan issue - credit check

When they say "plan", they mean Prepaid.

But yes, the credit check process currently is not transparent at all.

Being a contractor definitely doesn't help unfortunately. Doesn't matter how much you earn. Employee status is given far more weight.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mmickmm
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra plan issue - credit check

When I mean contract I mean that I'm a permanent full time employee with a company under a signed employment contract which gives further evidence of a sound financial position.

I should have made that clearer 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit