FJM
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Staff Connect Plan - number in People Express

Hi, can someone please confirm the rules on this one. I have had a private mobile number for decades and recently took up the Staff Connect Plan, it seems like a great deal. I knew it was considered a work/personal use devices but now I have been advised that I must put my mobile number as a Work number in People Express. This of course means anyone in Telstra can look me up and have my private mobile number, which concerns me. I have to have my mobile phone on mute or turned off when I am at work because of where I work, so it is only accessable after hours so during business hours it would be of no benefit. Is this a requirement and if so it wasn't stated clearly that our personal mobile numbers would no longer be private.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra Staff Connect Plan - number in People Express

Hi FJM,

We recommend that staff use their Telstra Staff Connect Plan number in People Express and the company directory, but this is not required if you prefer not to. 

For privacy reasons, you should never call a customer from your Telstra Connect Plan device or give a customer you personal number.

Thanks, Esther

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit