Ness19
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Upfront mobile plan

Answered

I was going to change my prepaid to the new upfront mobile plan as i was under the impression when it says you can add up to 10 sims to share data that meant I could add my kids to mine and I would only have to pay one amount per month rather than paying credit out for each individual. However my local Telstra shop tells me I would have to sign each child up to the plan too - so Id be playing even more (like $40 per child) per month! What is the point of being able to add sims to the upfront plan then? I don't get it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Upfront mobile plan

The data is shared across all services that are on Upfront Mobile or Data Plans. Each service still needs to be on its own plan. It just means that if some of you don't use a large amount of data and one person does, then they can take advantage of the data that is not used by the others on their plans.

It's not a service where you can have a single plan with multiple SIMs (that doesn't exist).

If you read the plan. It says "You can share data between up to 10 upfront mobile and data plans on the same account", it doesn't say you can have up to 10 SIMs on the same service (which is totally different).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Upfront mobile plan

The data is shared across all services that are on Upfront Mobile or Data Plans. Each service still needs to be on its own plan. It just means that if some of you don't use a large amount of data and one person does, then they can take advantage of the data that is not used by the others on their plans.

It's not a service where you can have a single plan with multiple SIMs (that doesn't exist).

If you read the plan. It says "You can share data between up to 10 upfront mobile and data plans on the same account", it doesn't say you can have up to 10 SIMs on the same service (which is totally different).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit