Laserclinic
Level 1: Cadet

Time taken to process a sim only order

I have been advised by chat support that if we raise an order for a data only sim it can take up to 5-7 days.

Thats is too much time for a sim only order.

Unfortunately we have to visit a Telstra store for quick action

Also disconnecting a service option is not available in your Telstra tools 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Time taken to process a sim only order

I think they tell you that to cover their a**e because they don't know Oz geography very well..  Smiley Happy

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago (in lockdown), placed the order in the morning and it was delivered the next day before lunch, to a suburb of Brisbane. Delivery time might depend where you live.

You should be able to cancel your service/plan from the My Telstra app or My Account page, in Services select the service and then Cost to Change or cancel your plan thenlook under What are your options...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Time taken to process a sim only order

It typically takes 3 days to reach you once it is dispatched. It typically takes 2 business days from time of order to dispatch (so a weekend adds 2 days). Yes, it shouldn't take that long these days. I can get items delivered within 24-48 hours from a lot of companies.

Disconnections used to be able to be done online, but too many people cancelled their services by accident, so now you have to contact Telstra to do it. I don't see that changing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit