mxd
Level 1: Cadet

Transfer mobile number from business to personal (business will keep the current contract)

Hi All,

the story 12 months ago I started at my current position, it come with a phone so I thought I keep my number (potentially silly move), I filled in the forms and my number went to the business account.

so I'm leaving now and want to keep my neumber. The telstra business shop said that can only happen if I go on a contract, the same as we're currently on (my work wants to keep the phone/contract just a new number).

I thought the following is what would be required

http://www.telstra.com.au/help/download/document/change-of-ownership-b2c.pdf

Does this sound right ?

any pointers grreatly appreciated

thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Transfer number from business to personal

You would have to have that form filled in. Once that is completed you can send that off or take it in store and a conversion will be able to happen to move it back into a personal account for yourself. I took mine in store and they did the order for the new plan for myself and then just gave their support team a call and it was all fixed up on the spot for me... was simple and painless Smiley Happy

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

mxd

Re: Transfer number from business to personal

thanks for that.

that forms looks like it will transfer the service, where the company still want's the service, I just wont a number.

I'm more than happy to do a prepayed telstra account, for the number to go to. but not take the service (130 a month I think).

DrQ

Re: Transfer mobile number from business to personal (business will keep the current contract)

The service and number are linked. They will need the form anyway but will have to perform some magic to remove the number from the service. I would take the form in store, explain the situation and they will call their support team who should be able to help out. Will just be a little more complicated then normal.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

mxd

Re: Transfer mobile number from business to personal (business will keep the current contract)

cheers will do.

mxd

to update, I did transfer

The business agent was still telling the op manager it was a break of dservice and it will cost 600, and nothing could be done.

I took a letter (on letter head) to local store, it had the accound number of the business account, signed by authority that basically said to change the current service phone number to a new number,  then give the number to me.

it took about 40 minutes in the store and was no issue at all.

DrQ

Awesome. Nice it was sorted.
Helpful Links

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit