Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to connect to the internet using mobile data

Phone - IPhone 6

Version - 10.0.1

We have one mobile on our business shared data plan that is unable to connect to the internet using mobile date. WIFI works fine. I have been dealing with Telstra support since Monday 12th September. They escalated the problem to level 3 but then closed it without notifying us when they could not see a problem. We have troublshot the following

- we reset network settings

- insterted another sim in to phone from one of our other mobiles and the mobile data works fine, inserted the problem phones sim in to another phone and it still could not connect using mobile data

- inserted another carriers sim in to the problem phone and it connected fine using mobile data

- got a new sim (for same number) but still did not connect using mobile data

- went to apple store to check Iphone (just in case) and no problems with phone found

- erased all content and settings and firstly restored phone from backup, then tried setting up as new phone - still did not work

- upgarded to lates IOS version - still did not work

- checked with billing if any restrictions - there were no restrictions. Company is on a shared data usage and we are only at 51% of our monthly usage. Definately not a billing or usage problem

- all other phones in the same office connect fine to mobile data, so no problem with area outage. Plus unable to use mobile data anywhere.

Have been told the problem has been escalated for the THIRD time and they would be in touch. NOTHING. 

Please HELP

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Unable to connect to the internet using mobile data

Hi BJTF,

Has the problem sim been activated onto a Data Share Sim plan?

If it has, you can't put the sim into a mobile phone and use mobile data, but wifi would still work. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

What do you mean Smiley3? it is part of a work shared data plan with 6 other mobiles. it was working up until about 2 weeks ago. all other mobiles on the plan are working no problem. We can use WIFI on the phone but we cant access mobile data. ive been to 3 telstra shops, and telstra business centre twice. plus the many phone calls to try and resolve it. Telstra have absolutely no idea. 

Highlighted

If it was a Data Share Sim that you pay  $5/month and just shares the data, it wouldn't work in a mobile phone. 

Also if it was this type of sim, the maximum number of Data Share sims you can have on one account is 5.

But if it was working fine before, this wouldn't be the problem. 

I  found this and thought it might be the answer,

Data Sharing

You can purchase additional Data Share SIMs for $5/mth per SIM.

There is a limit of 5 Data Share Sims per service. You can share

data between your Plan and any extra Data Share SIMs you have

purchased. Your data will also automatically be pooled with all My

Business Plans, Go Business Mobile plans, Go Business Data Share

SIMs, Go Business Mobile Broadband Share plans, Easy Share

Business plans, Easy Share Data Share SIMs, Business Performance

plans with a Data Share SIM attached, Telstra Business Mobile

Data packs – Shareable and Telstra Mobile Broadband Share plans

connected on after 2 August 2011 on the same account (Eligible

Services). Data Share SIMs can only be used for data. They cannot

be used for voice calls or messaging. If you use your Data Share

SIM in a mobile phone on the Telstra Mobile Network, we may

block access to data from that mobile handset.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

oh ok, no its not just the data sim, its a full phone, message and data sim. Ive resorted to filing a complaint with telecomuncations Industry ombudsman, as Telstra have thrown their hands in the air and said they dont know why or whats happened. The phone still has 1 and 1/2 years of contract remaining. I cant tell you how many times the phone "accidentally" disconnects  when i call support and i have to start the conversation/process all over again with a completely different person. The last conversation i had they told us to not call them back, they will call us if they ever work it out. disgracefull service

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit