Aeroqz
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to redeem new phone feeling because of IMEI error

I recently used my 'Stay Connected' to redeem a replacement for my broken Galaxy S10 5G. I recieved the replacement which was the same exact phone  in the mail and promptly sent my current broken phone back. 

So after this I tried to redeem New Phone Feeling, I chose a data package, a new phone (Galaxy s20+) and continued down the page, it then asks if you would like to Return or Keep your current device, i choose Return. it then ask if i am returning the Original Galaxy S10 5G I recieved with my plan or a replacment of the same make and model. I choose replacement, choose that it was replaced through stay connected, enter the imei and the storage capacity of the replacement and click continue. This is where i encounter the problem, it says ive entered an Incorrect IMEI, ive seriously revised and re-entered the IMEI a brain numbing number of times now and still the same thing, ive talked to sales who couldn't help, tech support who said they'd fix it and didn't and my premium support who rang stay connected and they verified the imei im telling them is the same as on their end, premium support then told me it would be fixed in 24-48hrs and that he would call me back in two days... surprise surprise I didn't receive a call back and the issue still persists 2 weeks after talking to premium support. I need help fixing this issue asap.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unable to redeem new phone feeling because of IMEI error

The only way to get it fixed is to get back in contact with Premium Support.

There is nothing else that you can do.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit