Nicko98
Level 2: Rookie

Unauthorised Plan Change on My Account

Answered

I just received a data allowance change via text, I looked at my service via the 24x7 app and my mobile plan was changed without my consent. I have another mobile service on my account both were on the same plan but only one was changed. I’ve been desperately trying to get a hold of someone but sadly you can’t speak to a human at Telstra and they are not responding bia their chat system. I feel like I have. I choice but to contact the TIO because I need this resolved ASAP, what if some has unauthorised access to my account??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicko98
Accepted Solution

Re: Unauthorised Plan Change on My Account

Ok finally, I’ve been chatting with Telstra via text. Apparently Telstra has decided to retire all old plans, nothing I can do about it, what about all the grandparents and kids with those old cheap $20 plans, they will get a huge jump to $55. Anyway I was provided $10 credit per month for 12 months. I will start looking at moving to a new Telco now, I’ve also lodged a complaint with TIO and I will contact ACCC on Monday just to confirm they are aware of the forced changes to all Telstra customers and that it’s legal and fair. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Nicko98
Accepted Solution

Ok finally, I’ve been chatting with Telstra via text. Apparently Telstra has decided to retire all old plans, nothing I can do about it, what about all the grandparents and kids with those old cheap $20 plans, they will get a huge jump to $55. Anyway I was provided $10 credit per month for 12 months. I will start looking at moving to a new Telco now, I’ve also lodged a complaint with TIO and I will contact ACCC on Monday just to confirm they are aware of the forced changes to all Telstra customers and that it’s legal and fair. 

View solution in original post

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Nicko98 

Nothing the TIO can do about it. Telco's have the right to retire old plans. The customer, if not happy with the new plans can change providers.

You should've got an email before it all happened, so check your spam folder.

Basically, though, there were over 2,000+ Telstra plans, so to make it easier on support, and (apparently) the customer, Telstra are now retiring any plan that gets superseded by a new one.

Have a look at Telstra's brothers, Boost and Belong for alternatives.

Belong does offer a great plan for $10 a month, with unlimited calls, text, and 13 numbers. And 1 GB of data per month that can go into an unlimited bank. You just have to start the first month with either a $25 or $40 a month plan, then change to the $10 before the next month starts.

If you pick the right date to port over you can even double your data for the first month (Message me if you need that info).

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Nicko98

Hi Ozmoz, I’m in favour of simplifying and If Telstra really does have 2000+ plans to manage then it makes sense, BUT it’s not fair to have your smallest plan at $55 they should at least have created a Tiny Plan, for like $25 for kids, elderly etc. Yes I was about to change to Woolworths mobile, but you need to be very careful when recommending other wholesale providers as they don’t currently support eSim, I use the Apple Watch so I’m left with choosing either Optus or Vodafone. Might try Optus at least they have more sensible pricing which even includes 5G

Ozmoz

Hi @Nicko98 

Well, I'm not a mind reader.

And I "suggest", don't recommend. In the end, it's up to the buyer to make sure things suit, including reading all T&C's.

It's all about money crunching, where Telstra can make the most money. They leave the smaller plans to their MVNO's.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
BruceH1
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra tried this scam a while back which in our case adds 30% to each of our phones at the 100% data used point without consent, which is illegal, I asked why there was no "yes I  consent to  the extta charge" option Telstra couldn't answer, but not long after this the ombudsmen forced Telstra to remove the automatic charge & replace it with the " once 100% of your data allowance is reached you data speed will be reduced to a minimum or you can select additional data packages" which is what needs to happen now. This is all a poly to rip the average Telstra customer off as 5G speeds increase & adds & unwanted rubish burn up our data at a rate we cant control.

Telstra cant use the excuse of having too many plans to handle when they introduced them all themselves to increase profit. NO CONSENT, NO CHARGE!

Brian84

Hi Nicko98 so were you able to get the $10 credit from them even though you hadn't replied to their email they sent earlier this year? I just wanted to check as I am about to ring them about ours. I must have missed their email earlier too.

iPat91
Support Team
Support Team

If you have troubles getting through on the phone, give the messaging app a try!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Telstra pulled the same thing on me without my consent and I spoke with my feet and cancelled that particular service and replaced it with Optus.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
BruceH1

Telstra had a monopoly on regional QLD where I work & live otherwise I would have given them the flick years ago.

Cant wait for FiberCo WLD the get their act together so I can give NBN internet the flick too & go with a decent local ISP using NEXIUM fibre for backhaul.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit