two_dogs
Level 3: Gumshoe

Upgrading to an Upfront Mobile Plan?

How am I supposed to upgrade my Telstra Mobile Plan (Small) for my mobile phone service, currently billed to my Telstra account, to a Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan (Small), paid via AutoPay, in order that I can share data with my tablet, which is on a Telstra Upfront Data Plan (Extra Small)?

I've tried to upgrade to an Upfront plan, but during the process, I'm informed that "Data sharing isn't currently available"? I ignored that and proceeded with the upgrade, in the mistaken hope that it
wasn't the case, as it's my understanding that Telstra wants customers to migrate to the new Upfront plans?

However, when I receive a copy of the Critical Information Summary PDF for my "new" plan via email, it's titled Telstra Mobile Plans, with no mention of data sharing (and data sharing isn't activated). I can't find that document on the Telstra website, but I can easily find the Critical Information Summary PDF for the Telstra Upfront Mobile Plans.

Am I for some reason forever stuck on Telstra's old mobile plans? Smiley Wink

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
PoppySean
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Upgrading to an Upfront Mobile Plan?

Hey there, you're not stuck on the old mobile plans there may just be something causing issues to migrate your mobile phone plan across to upfront. I'd recommend having a chat to our messaging team to see if they can identify the issue and work towards resolving it for you.

-Sean

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

two_dogs

Thanks Sean, will do.

Cheers,

Julian

two_dogs

For the record, for others who may be having the same problem, it's apparently because I have a Telstra One Number subscription for my Apple Watch on my existing plan. The solution is to cancel that subscription, upgrade to an Upfront plan, then resubscribe to One Number (although I won't be able to confirm that that works until I'm eligible to do another plan change, which can only be done once in a month).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit