Jackie55
Level 1: Cadet

USING PHONE OVERSEAS

Do I need to install International Roaming when travelling in New Zealand?  I am on a monthly plan, can I just use my phone as per normal?  If not, what is the cheapest option.  Shd I buy a local Sim card for calls?  Shd I use my normal plan for internet searches?  Went into my local Telstra shop and they said I don't need International Roaming.  V confused.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Deanna

Re: USING PHONE OVERSEAS

Hi Jackie55 and welcome to CrowdSupport

In regards to roaming I would have a chat with the Live Chat team, and they can confirm if international roaming is enabled on your handset.

Please refer to Telstra's International Roaming Travel Tips  which will give you detailed information on how to use your phone when roaming.

As a frequent traveller, I prefer to purchase a pre-paid SIM in the country I am visiting to avoid excessive charges, and I try to access the Internet from public/private wifi locations, as opposed to using the mobile networks.

Hope this helps, and happy travels!

Deanna 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Davide70
Level 1: Cadet

Hi i'm Davide,there is someone that can help me in some way?I have a Telstra pre-paid on my mobile,now i'm in italy for 5/6 months,how can i reharge my mobile?Thanks,for your help.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

HI Davide, you can recharge your mobile while overseas via the options listed at http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/recharge-your-telstra-pre-paid-account - I hope you enjoy your time overseas!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit