MisterQ
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

WHat happens when more data is needed.

We are moving house - the family all (4 of us) have Mobile Business Cap $49 plans - which gives us a GB of data. We have signed up for a 500GB home Ultimate Cable Plan at the new address, and homephone, but it can take up to two weeks for that to happen. We will be using Iphones to check emails etc, in the mean time - this will probably push us to/over our 1GB limit. What happens then? Do we automatically get billed for extra? At what rate? Can we "Pre-approve"/buy extra data.

Old IT/Comms curmudgeon - did tech support for Alcatel System 12 Exchanges in my day - designed a bunch of stuff for Optus.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
MisterQ
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: WHat happens when more data is needed.

SO, I dig further, and find that we can get a "Business Mobile Data Pack".. Interestingly it says "Simply add a Shareable Data pack to increase the data allowance that can be shared between all eligible mobile services on your account" 

http://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/business-products/internet-data/plans-pricing/mobile-d...

It seems that this isn't really sharable across "all eligible mobile services". ANd in terms of "engaging it", i just contact Telstra, and authorize it to be charged to my account, and presumably assigned to a particular handset. (which will become our internet "modem" until our cable internet comes online.

Old IT/Comms curmudgeon - did tech support for Alcatel System 12 Exchanges in my day - designed a bunch of stuff for Optus.
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: WHat happens when more data is needed.

It seems that this isn't really sharable across "all eligible mobile services".

My understanding is that only Telstra Mobile services, on the same billing account, that are on Business Mobile Advantage plans are eligible to share a pool of data allowance. Services on your account on Business Mobile Cap plans (which have been withdrawn from the market) are not ‘eligible mobile services’, in that regard.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit