CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

What is the Early Termination Charge for changing plans?

Answered
I've been with Telstra for a number of years and about 12 months ago I got a new plan. I am no longer travelling as much for work, and I wondered what the fee was to reduce the plan and keep the same handset. How do I work out the figure for the Early Termination Fee?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: What is the Early Termination Charge for changing plans?

If you go in to the 24x7 app on your phone or the website, the fee is shown under the plan tab. Failing that, give 132200 a call.

In reality though, as the ETC includes a pro rata charge for your plan cost plus handset cost, you are probably going to spend more breaking your contract than you would save by the reduced costs of the lower plan tier.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: What is the Early Termination Charge for changing plans?

If you go in to the 24x7 app on your phone or the website, the fee is shown under the plan tab. Failing that, give 132200 a call.

In reality though, as the ETC includes a pro rata charge for your plan cost plus handset cost, you are probably going to spend more breaking your contract than you would save by the reduced costs of the lower plan tier.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit