EddieP1980
Level 1: Cadet

When should i be able to track my iPhone X order placed on Friday 27th?

Answered

Hi, I placed my order at 6:01 pm on the 27th of oct. 2017 and received my confirmation email with the order reference number,  but every time I try to track that order to see if it was placed correctly I get a message stating

"Unfortunately, we're unable to locate that confirmation number. Please check that it's correct and try again. If you placed your order in the last 24 hours, your number and order status may not yet be available." 

As the 24hrs has expired is there any problems with my order?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hikurangi_f
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: When should i be able to track my iPhone X order placed on Friday 27th?

You’ll get an email with tracking details once item is about to ship, I’m pretty sure you’ll get that email a day or two before it arrives as Telstra use Star Track Airlock overnight service.

I got into the 24/7 chat service two day ago and asked the rep if I’d be getting my phone on launch day as I ordered it at 5:56pm AEST (the telstra preorders opened early!), to which he replied “your phone isn’t on backorder, it’ll arrive on Nov 3!”
I’ve taught my kids to pull faces in photos, try and fix that, Machine Learning...

View solution in original post

GemmyTiger
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

I kept getting the same thing so went on the online chat and asked.  I was worried that something had happened to my order as some people have had happen.  Online chat gave me an order number with the 1- prefix, I checked and its 'pending' so at least I know its there.  Crossing fingers for Nov3 or not long after!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
44 REPLIES 44
Hikurangi_f
Accepted Solution

You’ll get an email with tracking details once item is about to ship, I’m pretty sure you’ll get that email a day or two before it arrives as Telstra use Star Track Airlock overnight service.

I got into the 24/7 chat service two day ago and asked the rep if I’d be getting my phone on launch day as I ordered it at 5:56pm AEST (the telstra preorders opened early!), to which he replied “your phone isn’t on backorder, it’ll arrive on Nov 3!”
I’ve taught my kids to pull faces in photos, try and fix that, Machine Learning...

GemmyTiger
Accepted Solution

I kept getting the same thing so went on the online chat and asked.  I was worried that something had happened to my order as some people have had happen.  Online chat gave me an order number with the 1- prefix, I checked and its 'pending' so at least I know its there.  Crossing fingers for Nov3 or not long after!

EddieP1980

I too contacted customer support with this question and they said they could see the order was processed waiting for the stock to be released on the 3rd of November.  If anyone is having similar issues the two replies are spot on just jump into the 24x7 chat tool and ask them to look up your order by your SBS number.  Can relax now I just have to make sure I'm home to receive it.  Thanks to the two people who replied so far!!

Hikurangi_f

Received my email from Telstra this morning at 8am local Darwin time.

Link to tracking on Star Track’s website was provided in this email.

Tracking page verifies that Star Track have “advanced shipping notice” for an overnight delivery, which means my device will be here sometime on Friday.
drmil
Level 3: Gumshoe

This frustrates me no end.

I placed my order on as soon as pre orders came online on Friday afternoon. It went through and said I should receive an email within 24-48 hrs...... no email received.

I received a phone call on Sunday morning from Telstra confirming my order and was told I should receive an email within 24-48 hrs..... still no email received.

I contacted Live chat on Monday see if I actually had an order and they confirmed it was there and gave me an order number which I checked only to find that my phone is on backorder as the order was placed on Sunday?????

I contacted Live chat again and was told "Not to worry, you should have your phone 1-3 weeks after they clear the first batch" I asked why the order was placed on Sunday and not Friday when I actually ordered the new device and they said that's how the ordering process works.

Telstra - Any explanation?

MammaB
Support Team
Support Team

I am so very sorry about this and I can assure you that we shall do all possible to get your order out to you asap. We have not been advised of any reason for this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

drmil

Thanks MammaB for the quick reply.

I just want to be crystal clear about this - 

1. You can see on your end that I did in fact place the order on Friday afternoon in time to receive within the first batch.

2. As you mentioned, there is no valid reason for the mistake by Telstra

3. All you can offer is "Sorry"

Is this correct?

MammaB
Support Team
Support Team

I appreciate what you are saying however, for privacy reasons we're not able to access account details or other personal information via messages over Crowdsupport - if you don't have reference details from your recent contacts then our teams at 13 22 00 or via our LiveChat service http://tel.st/49kl would be the best point of contact to have this followed up further, and confirm the details on your behalf. 

- Jo

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

EddieP1980

I too found out today that even tho I placed my order at 6:00 pm and finished by 6:01 pm the time Telstra told us to order for Friday 3rd November release date I have been notified that my phone is on backorder.  This is horrible customer service not to mention I spoke to a cust service rep last night and he assured me my order was in the system and will be delivered on Friday 3rd.  So now I don't know if I should stay home or not I doubt ill get the phone Friday and don't really see any point staying a customer of Telstra after this debacle I'm sure other telcos who opened orders at 9 am wouldn't have messed up so many orders again and again.  I see this every year from Telstra so I don't know why I'm so surprised and upset by it.

drmil

Ok, so I’ve had a very unproductive day.
I took MammaB’s advice and rang 132200, they informed me that they have no visibility on online orders and I need to contact the online orders team. I asked for their phone number and was told that I can’t ring them, I can only contact by live chat!?
So I jumped on live chat and they told me that no one will have that information until after the 3rd. I referenced the crowd support pages where other customers have received tracking information and they just went back to the ‘we don’t have that information’ line.
One thing I was able to confirm is the fact that I did place the order on Friday but it wasn’t processed until Sunday!!
I haven’t even received an order confirmation email yet?
I asked for a copy of the transcripts from my live chat conversations (I did select email me a copy, but that failed too) but somehow the 3 conversations that directly contradict each other have mysteriously disappeared.
It’s now 5 days since I placed my order and I have received nothing from telstra. I have had telstra agents tell me it’s there and have provided an order tracking number, but when you look that up there is no reference to me, it could be anyone’s.
So I suppose the new question I need to ask is: What is the most appropriate course of action from here?
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DrMil

This is not what we like to hear. It seems weird that nobody can provide you with the information you are seeking regarding your order. You mention you have been provided with a reference number for the order, but nobody there is no reference to you. 

I'd recommend speaking to our Live Chat team again, and asking if the reference number you have been provided, is in your name. 

Kind Regards 

AnmoldeepGill

Hi

Even i am waiting for confirmation of order. I placed 5 :01 pm on friday over phone

still getting Sorry, we can't retrieve your order details at this time. Please try again later.

thanks

got reference number int 1-1 

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

If you log into the online chat with the same email address each time, the consultant can read all of your previous conversations, and get up to date quickly. 
Please let us know how you get on - Matthew.

drmil

So it's now 7 days since I placed the order, which I can't prove as I still don't have an order confirmation. Neither do I have the transcripts I was seeking from live chat. I gave the INT 1- reference number to the live chat agent and he told me there were no transcripts associated with that number. I have only ever used one email address when going on live chat.

As a bit of a laugh, I rang around all the Telstra shops in the area asking if they would have stock in store today and they all said no. I couldn't find the number for a relatively new store close by so I dropped in after work to ask the same question. The manager there told me they would not have stock as this was being constrained by apple and no providers would have stock as it was online order only. I walked out and into the Vodafone store to ask the same thing, their response was "maybe/maybe not". So I went in to the Optus store who told me "we only have 3, so get in quick tomorrow"..... Interesting.

It seems that all of Telstra are struggling with this. Maybe you guys just need a helping hand. Apparently I'm not the only one that's been waiting a week for an order confirmation which in itself is ridiculous; I order pizza online and get an order confirmation immediately, I order a $2 trinket from eBay and get an order confirmation immediately, in fact everything I've ever ordered online I've received an automatic order confirmation immediately..... except Telstra. So here's a template you might find useful:

Dear Mr/Ms/Mx Xxxxxxx

Thank you for placing an order for [insert product name here].

Your order reference number is [ref#] which can be tracked here [hyperlink to order tracking]

Unfortunately this item has been extremely popular and is currently on backorder which may take up to 4 weeks. We apologise for this delay and we will keep you informed of the progress of your order weekly until it is fulfilled.

Yours Sincerely,

Telstra.

foffy

I ordered my phone at 6pm last Friday and got a confirmation email with an order number straight away. Each time I put in the order number it says Unable to locate the number?

I've also done it multiple times this morning, and still the same result. I am yet to receive any further notifications from Telstra or Startrack. The phone is due to be delivered today as per the email and I've taken a day off work so I can wait for it to be delivered.

I did however receive a text on Wednesday saying my new service has been activated? It doesn't make a lot of sense that my new contract has started but I can't even look up my order and see the progress.

Nickerasu

Foffy I would jump on live chat and ask for tracking details, or other order reference you can use to track through the Telstra track my order.

Gwotty

I've done all that, got the numbers annnnd its pending. I have no Startrek express numbers either. I preordered at 1755 Friday. But i did get immediate confirmation and receipt. Haven't been able to track anything today. I too took the day off to be here. From what i can gather, It seems very few of us will get the phone today if any do. So Its aircon set to stun and netflix binging for me  

AnmoldeepGill

Nope they don't read same chat before replying to you
bugera

i was the same ordered 3 minutes before it opened ,got emailed a reference number at 3:05pm (WA time),

just talked to 24/7 and they said i missed the 1st batch ? will be up to 4 weeks :-( 

no point preordering  i guess , but thats life 

Lee70

Well I logged on this morning to be told order processed ready to dispatch.  I was excited thinking I had a phone. Weel who wouldn’t when it say ready to dispatch and that my next email would be tell me what my star track reference would be.

I kept checking my email and nothing came through until about 5pm, which was an email advising me me that my order will be dispatched when new stock comes in.  

I rang telstra only to be told, that was the track my order was informing me that it was ready to dispatch when stock was available.  To me ready to dispatch means exactly that not what he suggested.  He knew I was annoyed and said would I like this call to be escalated which I said yes,  put me on hold for twenty minutes came back and said there wasn’t one available.  Can’t see how that takes twenty minutes.

I asked for a return call to be advised it won’t be till Monday.

i understand that this phones popular and I expected to wait. But I got my hopes up over to be disappointed with the telstra service. I’ve been a loyal customer for over 13 years.  I think it’s time for a change.  Their overseas call centre are rude arrogant and a waist of space.

if I don’t get a message, I’m cancelling all services. I have with you

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DrMil, 

We regret that this issue with the Iphone order has occurred, and recognise how frustrating this must be for you. 

We sincerely apologise, but need to go through the correct process of stock allocation, as more handsets become available and we  will be updating you the way, to ensure you know you have not been forgotten.

Kind Regards 

Lee70

My name is Lee

drmil

Lee70 - Maybe she was replying to me?

Lindy - I’m not asking to jump the queue, at this stage I’m just asking for Telstra to acknowledge that I’ve placed an order.

I once again jumped on live chat today to specifically ask for an email order confirmation or any formal acknowledgement that I had placed an online order. I was told directly that they couldn’t do that and I would only receive one when it was ready to ship (2-4 weeks). How does Telstra think this is acceptable?

I find it somewhat comical that one of the Telstra values is “ Make the complex simple”.

I have since lodged a formal complaint with Telstra for their conduct through this sham of an ordering process
EddieP1980

So I can now see my order states: Status:Ready for dispatch
Your order has been processed and will soon be on its way. You will receive an email which includes the StarTrack instructions.
But still no email from Star Trek, I can see many customers missed out which makes me think I’m going to be waiting a while. Any news on how long from the above status I should expect to wait would be much appreciated.
Teegz
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out.

If your status is 'ready for dispatch' I would anticipate that your phone won't be far away.

Keep an eye on your emails for your consignment number.

Regards

drmil

I still have no answers as to what’s going on. I missed the phone call today from the complaint I raised, I’ll be ringing them back tomorrow. In the mean time, I’ve been looking through the few threads on here about roughly the same issue and there’s some interesting contradictions. Of the people here that placed their order at opening time (me included) some received a confirmation email and some did not (I’m one of the latter). Some that placed their order on Saturday received an email saying they’re on backorder. So Telstra’s statement that they will only send an email when it’s ready to dispatch is clearly false.
Just out of curiosity, if there’s anyone still following this thread, can you post when you placed your order and when/if you received an email? Cheers.
Rokusasu

I placed my order online on the 30/10 because for some reason it wouldn't let me proceed with the order on launch date because I had a Go Swap Plan... I checked via Telstra's order tracking yesterday and it says it's ready for dispatch and then I called Telstra and they said that they've completed my order but they're waiting to allocate me a device. Smiley Frustrated I got an email at 4PM yesterday with the confirmation and saying that it's on back order and that I'll get updated every week so I'm just as confused as everyone else is xD

B474

Order placed on Friday, 27 October at just after 5pm (Queensland Time) and the email was received at 5:15pm (Queensland time), however, I wasn’t able to see the order status until Friday, 3 November after I received the absolutely delightful email from Fiona Hayes that seemed to infer there was a problem with stock.  So I patiently waited then on Sunday, 5 November I was excited to see that my order had progressed to ‘ready to dispatch.’ I was excited to know that it wouldn’t be long, however when dispatch didn’t occur last night, I contact Telstra only to be advised that the device is on backorder and no time frame for delivery is available. This was after speaking multiple overseas call centre staff who seem to think they know Australian law really well!!! Unfortunately they don’t.  So no phone, no expected stock availability date and no expected delivery date.  

My extensive experience in customer service and working with couriers, vendors etc. would indicate to me that when a status of ‘ready to dispatch’ is displayed this means the stock is available and is awaiting pick up by the courier.  This is the way Australia Post work (and we know they’re all very slack at scanning and tracking parcels). DHL provide a superior tracking service for the vendors including iHerb, Nutricia at Home, Apple and several other vendors who I personally use. Yet Telstra can’t even seem to work out when they’re going to have stock and inform their customers accurately and truthfully of their order status.  

It’s beyond excuse and apologies now.  Fiona Hayes needs to stand up and start earning the big bucks and taking responsibility for poor communication, poor customers service, and extremely poor logistics and project management.  

Telstra please explain why you have displayed false and inaccurate information on your order status system and why you are unable to adequately project and logistic manage something that happens every year????????

drmil

Warning to all that are yet to receive a confirmation email..... You may not have an order!

I spoke to the complaints team today, there were a few items on the agenda. The first was the lack of a confirmation email after placing my order on 27 Oct at opening time. I was told that I did not receive an email as the online order was incomplete and therefore I didn't have an active order (I don't know how this was possible as I completed the online process and at then end it said I should receive an email to confirm). I told them this and also that 4 separate agents on live chat had assured me there was "nothing to worry about" and gave me an order reference number and checked to confirm my order and told me that I won't receive an email until it was ready to send. As it turns out, this was completely false and I definitely do not have an order. They very politely asked if I would like to create a new order..... and go to the end of the queue..... They assured me that if I placed my order today, I would have my new iPhone 7 in 3-5 days. When I made the correction, they said "oops, I meant X" and no I wouldn't have it in 3-5 days. On a positive note, they provided an alternative solution and with my permission contacted a local Telstra shop and the manager there agreed to take my details and contact me with first dibs on the next batch that arrives. But I am now, once again, without any confirmation that I have anything coming my way before iPhone XI.

Second on my list was the lack of transcripts from my live chat conversations which would confirm exactly what they had told me. I told them that I had clicked the icon to email me a copy of the transcript and put in my email address and I have not received a single one. I told them that I had asked the online agent specifically to send me a copy of the transcripts from all previous conversations and I provided the INT 1- numbers from all of these conversations and was assured that they would be sent. I'm still waiting. The complaints team said they had no visibility of that system and I should go on live chat and ask again. I'm sorry, but after 4 failures, I don't have any faith in their abilities. The only other option provided was to raise a seperate complaint to have this addressed. Yay, there's something to look forward to.

I didn't get around to my third point as without an order, it became irrelevant.

They were quick to ask if my complaint had been resolved today which left me kind of speechless, I'm not sure if they were just trying to close the complaint quickly or if they actually thought they helped the situation. I suppose, from one point of view, I raised the complaint to confirm my order and the fact that I didn't have one does actually answer that, but it doesn't fix the obvious problem.

Another interesting point that you can read into if you like, they asked if they could ring me back in a week (14th) to see if I had received the phone from the local Telstra shop yet, but then suddenly changed that to the 16th. Maybe they do know something or maybe they just have the day off on the 14th/15th.

Tahn1992

They told me aswell that they will he contacting me by phone on nov 15th to see if i have recieved my iphone x in my local telstra store (which is in qld). I ordered my phone in store on nov 3rd and when i look it up iust says (backorder 2nd nov) some say 4-6 weeks/ others on chat say may recieve by 16th nov in your local store so whoooo knows, not being my hopes up.
drmil

Ok, so here’s the latest.....

Following from my previous post above, I went into the local store to confirm the arrangement that was made. They were very polite and understanding of the situation, but they did say it would be absolutely positively 100% quicker to do a new preorder as any stock that comes into the store will go to their own preorders first before being available for me. Which is completely understandable. So I got back on the phone to my complaint case manager who said there was nothing else I could do except place a new order. I then asked again about the first order that didn’t exist but I could still track the number online. They put me on hold for a few minutes and somehow miraculously they managed to process that order with the original order date..... Today the status changed to ‘Stock Allocated’. I still don’t know what that means but it looks like something is happening.

I’m now struggling with the fact that I placed an order, confirmed by phone, followed up 4 times on live chat, raised a complaint and spoke to my case manager 3 times and only then did I manage to successfully place an order... I think. Can only be proven when I have it in my hands.
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

I look forward to hearing it's arrived, Drmil. Please keep us in the loop - Matthew.

Robbed2

If you ordered your iPhone X online DO NOT accept the offer to add swap insure if you received it in an email after you already purchased the phone. I did this and because I accepted to take it up, I lost my place in the queue (order confirmation at 5:38 QLD time on October 27) I have now been told that due to a glitch and the fact I opted for swap assure my position in the queue was refreshed and I missed out on the latest shipment.

Apparently they have shipped up to approximately 5 hours post pre order launch on the 27th of October and all they would tell me is I am now somewhere on the 28th. If you placed your order on the 27th within 5 hours of the launch time and you havnt received confirmation that stock has been allocated to you, you have probably been screwed like me by this so called glitch.

I am not putting up with it, and nor should you. If they don't honour my time in the queue they have breached the implied terms of my contract and yours if it's happened to you. I will raise this with the ombudsman and the ACCC who will investigate this breach of consumer law and we will all receive appropriate compensation and the off shore contracted business in the Philippines will hopefully get a big lesson in the rule of law in the form of a big fine or revocation of their licence to operate. Don't stand for their error being forced onto you to clean up their mess. We have a contract with implied terms that we will receive the product in the order we completed our order.
platinum

Yeah same boat here, I ordered very shortly after pre-orders opened (like, within 30mins), and received an immediate confirmation email that listed my order as a Pre-Order, and stating it will be delivered as of the 3rd of November and some orders may take 2-5 days.

My order went to 'Ready for Dispatch' very shortly after ordering, but has been stuck there ever since.

Have not heard a single piece of information apart from Fiona's vague emails each Friday saying it's delayed.

Have followed up a whole bunch of times, made a complaint and all that anyone via phone or Live Chat can do is trot out the the standard line of 'we're very busy and it'll be 2-4 weeks', and cannot provide ANY information at all as to what exactly is happening.

I'm fairly ropable about the whole thing, and have taken it to the TIO and encourage other people to as well, this is blatant false/misleading advertising and the way it's being dealt with is atrocious. There is also a good case for the ACCC due to the misleading nature of the offer.

Teegz
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey there,

I understand the frustration in waiting on the arrival of your pre-order iPhone X.

Regrettably due to global stock constraints we are not able to provide a specific time frame as to when the devices will be dispatched.

We are currently waiting on a shipment and once this has been received we will be dispatching pre-orders and you will receive a confirmation email with a consignment number for tracking.

You can keep an eye on your order by putting your order number in here: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order

If you have any further questions please reach out.

-Tegan

drmil

On Friday, my order changed to 'Stock Allocated 10 Nov 17 9:25 AM'

On Sunday, my order changed to 'Stock Allocated 12 Nov 17 4:47 PM'

What happened to the first one? Did Telstra double allocate again?

What does Stock Allocated mean?

platinum

That's just the standard copy-paste line support trot out.

If there was such a 'Global Shortage' why did you so eagerly sell me a Pre-Order, with the exact confirmation email saying:

Delivery of your order

Pre-orders for the Apple iPhone X will be delivered as of 3rd November, 2017. Some orders may take between 2-5 business days to arrive, subject to delivery location.

My current status checker says my phone is 'Ready for Dispatch' (it has done for over a week) but what exactly is sitting in your warehouse ready for dispatch?
taddy88

I pre ordered on 27/10 30 minutes in - my order has been “Ready for Dispatch” for about a week. Telstra Chat Rep said it could be up to a month before delivery. However, I went on to the Apple Store app and there was stock available at my local Apple Store which you can be reserved on the app - from 6am daily. So I cancelled my preorder (without a fee) and picked up my iPhone from Apple on a Telstra contract within a few hours of reserving it. This is in Perth.
Anson1104

@taddy88 will that be easier? Was it hard to do the reservation? I mean is it gonna be selling out real quick? Did you do it on 6am sharp?
drmil

Telstra did something completely out of character today (I think we’re wearing them down), they sent me an email... my first one since placing my order on the 27th. It wasn’t an order confirmation, I still haven’t got one of those, it was notification that my phone is on it’s way. With StarTrack tracking that actually shows they have it.
My Telstra order tracker still shows ‘Stock allocated’ and as I’ve said before, I won’t believe them til it’s in my hands.
This also adds a bit to the guess last week that they did know something when they said they’d call on the 16th to see if I had it yet..... conspiricy theorists may like that.
drmil

And i never found out what ‘Stock allocated’ means.
taddy88

@Anson1104 no I did it around 10 am. Then Apple let me choose a 30 min window of time to drop into the store. Was actually surprisingly easy. Then just went on a Telstra contract in store.
Anson1104

Alright, thanks for the information!!
drmil

You guys are going to love this.....

I got my phone today, and a spare... That’s right 2 phones turned up in different consignments and they both had the same order reference number.

Naturally I rang Telstra straight away as I didn’t want to be billed for two phones and according to them I don’t have any, my order is still processing. So he couldn’t tell me if I was going to receive another one. At least he admitted it belonged in the too hard basket and said he was going to refer it back to my case manager who would call me tomorrow. In the mean time he told me to turn one on and try to activate it and whatever IMEI came up on the system with my SIM would then become my phone. So here I am, typing this on (one of) my new phone(s).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit