Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Where is my order

Answered

On 2nd April, I ordered a new mobile on a plan.  But, it has not been processed for tracking even though I have an order number.  I’m not sure it has been approved as a result.  I tried calling Telstra but they’re not taking calls!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Where is my order

Hi @MaryP2

Thank you for your post.

Orders are currently facing delays of 3 weeks or more as they are needing to be manually processed. 

If you have placed an order, you will receive email updates when you order is dispatched. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Have you received second email from Telstra yet ? Order number with 1- ? You will have to be patient as there are major delays in order processing. I have been waiting for my Mobile ordered in march. 

Good luck. 

Highlighted

No, I haven’t a confirmation with a 1- number, which confuses me.  Thanks for replying Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I am also having the same issue.  Its my belief that our items are not even in the country,  hence the delay. Fairly sure that breaches consumer laws.

Highlighted

I got 4 phones sent to me in the end - not just the one I ordered lol 

Highlighted

Hey

Can I ask how long after did you get your phone after ordering?

Thanks

Mary

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @MaryP2

Thank you for your post.

Orders are currently facing delays of 3 weeks or more as they are needing to be manually processed. 

If you have placed an order, you will receive email updates when you order is dispatched. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Kjorg

Thanks for your response,  first Telstra human to respond,  unless you're an automated system too 😂 it's unfortunate being such a loyal Telstra customer for years and when I ordered the phone it would have been nice to have known of the delays, otherwise I would have gone into a store. But thanks again for your response, MUCH appreciated 👍

Highlighted

About 6 - 8 weeks - hope you've got yours by now.

Highlighted

Is it really taking three weeks? Online it says 10 days. I'm in the same position and I need a phone since I'm changing jobs. Would it be faster to go to a store and get a phone? 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @OnionSausages

It would be quicker to go into a store for a new device than to order online at the moment, depending on the stock levels in store. 

You would need to contact your local store directly to see if they have stock of the device you're looking at.

You can find your local store and their contact details here: https://tel.st/j32sg

Highlighted

Thank you. Would they still do that though considering I've already placed my order online about 10 days ago?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @OnionSausages 

Unfortunately, I do not know the process behind this if you've already placed an online order, and you will need to speak to your local store. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I ordered some head phones on the 9th of March and I have received nothing yet. Just an order email and that’s it. 3 weeks wait is a load of crap. I called them twice and they said it’s in the warehouse in Brisbane or Sydney to be dispatched and due to COVID 19 there are delays. I. Understand the situation but doesn’t make sense. We have ordered other items from across Australia during this time and still received items within a reasonable turnaround and no delays. What is Yelstra doing?

Highlighted

You're lucky you got a time frame. I've had nothing. I expected delays  which said up to ten days but it's way past that. I'd rather be told six weeks from the start rather than nothing at all. I was relying on this for my job. I ordered something from another retailer using the same delivery service  (Toll) and got it in two days. Pretty average service really from Telstra. 

Highlighted

@Kjorg 

I have been waiting since April 29, I have seen no communication since the initial order confirmation giving me this number SBS50898229

You said in your response to @Sody it could be delays of 3 weeks, but I have been waiting almost double that time. 

Should I go instore and see if they can fill the order. 

Highlighted

Telstra can't seem to dispatch a SIM to me as part of Mobile port-in from Optus, ongoing since 5-May.  Good luck getting a handset...

Highlighted

I gave up after waiting five weeks with still no indication my phone would come. Just that it was on back order. Cancelled my order via the chat on the app, Went to Vodafone and got a phone on the spot. Now I have a phone. Smiley Happy  Also checked with Optus and they said they had no delays either. 

Highlighted

Telstra are really letting folks down.  i'm an ex-employee and have had their services proudly for many years.  This is the age of digitization, no incentive to sales staff (cannot even get through to make a sale), the customer just ends up with nothing and leaves.

Highlighted

Yes I agree. I think for me it's been the lack of communication or anyone actually knowing what is going on. I ordered the phone because it was in stock so didn't expect this at all. No one gave me any explanation when the next shipments are due after four attempts. I would have preferred to have been told it was two months until the next shipment than absolutely nothing. Poor service. Anyway on Vodafone now and happy. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit