Bryanmac75
Level 1: Cadet

Why can't you port more than one number onto your account at the same time?

Answered

I am trying to port two mobile numbers across from Vodafone to Telstra's Upfront plan. However when I port one, it says "In Progress" which is fine. However when you try to port the second number it says it can't do it because one is already in progress. This is even before you say you want to port the number, it just doesn't allow you to even get to that point in the process. So if you have say four mobile numbers you want to port across, you're literally stuffed (wanting to swear) as you have to do one at a time which takes 24-28 hrs per each. So to port four across will take two weeks!!! For GODS sake! What is wrong with you Telstra and your decrepit systems! Can't you do something so simple?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Why can't you port more than one number onto your account at the same time?

It's probably a limitation for online porting requests to reduce the opportunities for scammers to hijack services.

Have you tried going into a Telstra Store to get them all done at once?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It's probably a limitation for online porting requests to reduce the opportunities for scammers to hijack services.

Have you tried going into a Telstra Store to get them all done at once?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Bryanmac75
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you, I suspect so. I have contacted Telstra and they are processing the second one now but they have to put it into pending and once the first finishes, the second will go into process. They mentioned it's a limitation in the system that only allows one porting per time. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit