Prjascott
Level 2: Rookie

Why is it that a loyal customer over 30yrs cannot get the same deals a new customer to telstra gets

I have today spent over 2 hrs on the phone + internet trying to get the same deal for a mobile plan to attach to my home phone bundle that a new customer to telstra can get. I have enven said thT I  will take my business elsewhere but to no avail. I am a senior and the rewards tekstra give are useless to me as the same deals are available on my seniors card. So I  do not think it is out of the question to ask for the same deal a new client woukd get. I pay by direct debit and recieve my bill via email, so why can I  not get the same rates.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Why is it that a loyal customer over 30yrs cannot get the same deals a new customer to telstra g

Hi Prjascott,

You can ring Telstra on 132200 and say "Disconnections".

You'll get an Australian person in Adelaide. 

Tell them that you will leave Telstra and go to another company if you can't get a better deal than what has already been offered to you. 

The Disconnections Team are very nice and helpful from my personal experience with them.

They'll do their best to retain you as a Telstra customer. 

I'm not sure of their exact business hours, so I would ring Monday-Friday 8am-7pm AEDT. 

Although, if you wish you can try at a different time and see how you go.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Luvs_footie
Level 20: Director

Re: Why is it that a loyal customer over 30yrs cannot get the same deals a new customer to telstra g

Hi Prjascott

just something I did when recontracting 6 months ago....................

I found out Telstra have what they call a "Retenion team".

They are based in Adelaide.

If you get in contact with them I think you will find they will cut a good deal for you.

I'm extremely pleased with what they did for me.

Cheers

Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Ditto for me @Luvs_footie 

I got a great deal on my mobile phone compared to what was ordinarily available.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Prjascott

Hi Smiley3

I went to a telstra store and they also told me try this. I called as asked for disconnections. Yes it was an Australian and very pleasant, but said she could do nothing. So I typed out a complaint message online, and just yesterday, received a call back (overseas). Again very nice and she has given me a deal and on a casual basis. Could not believe the lengths I had to go to to get this. Still not happy as both Optus and Vodaphone still offer better deals. Most likely will go with  them. Maybe my 37years was not good enough or I just don't spend enough with them.

Prjascott

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi Prjascott,

You can ring Telstra on 132200 and say "Disconnections".

You'll get an Australian person in Adelaide. 

Tell them that you will leave Telstra and go to another company if you can't get a better deal than what has already been offered to you. 

The Disconnections Team are very nice and helpful from my personal experience with them.

They'll do their best to retain you as a Telstra customer. 

I'm not sure of their exact business hours, so I would ring Monday-Friday 8am-7pm AEDT. 

Although, if you wish you can try at a different time and see how you go.

Hi Smiley3

Thanks for your reply

I went to a telstra store and they also told me try this. I called as asked for disconnections. Yes it was an Australian and very pleasant, but said she could do nothing. So I typed out a complaint message online, and just yesterday, received a call back (overseas). Again very nice and she has given me a deal and on a casual basis. Could not believe the lengths I had to go to to get this. Still not happy as both Optus and Vodaphone still offer better deals. Most likely will go with  them. Maybe my 37years was not good enough or I just don't spend enough with them.

Smiley3

Hi Prjascott,

I'm sorry to hear that it was a long process and the outcome wasn't what you expect (or I expected).

I honestly thought that Telstra would have offered you the same deal. 

You mentioned that you have been put on a Casual Plan, if it was myself in this situation I'd ring again and hopefully get another Telstra employee that can offer you a better deal. 

I also understand that you have had enough of trying to sort this out. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit