VaKo
Level 2: Rookie

Wrong name on deliver of mobile phones

Hi CrowdSupport people!

I recently upgraded my Telstra mobile plans with new handsets, online.

I have had this historical account issue dating back to when I was a Telstra employee. When I first started working at Telstra I took up a staff offer for a mobile service. Through the internal process, an incorrect first name was used. The system picked up my "preferred" name, instead of my "legal" name as per my personal ID (drivers license) when the account was first created. I went down to the T Shop at head office and asked them to update my name on the account and all seemed ok. To cut a much longer story cut short... they changed the "billing name" and not the "account name".

On my recent order, the mobile phones were delivered to the local post office with the account name on the packaging. As this is my preferred name and not my legal name, the post office will not hand over the delivery because the name doesn't match my drivers license. Surname, address, order number, mobile number and any other evidence, all matches, but not the first name. I popped into another T Shop and sorted the account name issue, but no one can tell me how to get my delivery from the post office! It's been referred to a Telstra "Digital Online Group" for review, but I suspect this will take a while.

Any ideas on how I could expedite this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

VaKo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Wrong name on deliver of mobile phones

No ideas on how to expediate.

I've never had any problems picking items up from the Post Office, even if it was for my wife or kids and I didn't know the Post Office staff.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
VaKo
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Wrong name on deliver of mobile phones

An update on this. I was able to obtain a letter, on Telstra letterhead, from the local T Shop and I took it into the post office. The post office accepted it is authorization to release the delivery to me.

VaKo

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit