CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

You can only upgrade to a new phone after your outstanding balance has been paid

Answered

Hi all, 

I paid an overdue bill and it shows on my account page as "paid in full". 

More than 24 hours later when I try to upgrade my iPhone and plan, I get the below message.

"You can only upgrade to a new phone after your outstanding balance has been paid. If you have already paid this balance, please try again later."

I've been trying as the message suggests, but it doesn't change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Accepted Solution

Re: You can only upgrade to a new phone after your outstanding balance has been paid

Payments take up to 48 hours to be reflected by Telstra systems. Best to try again tomorrow.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: You can only upgrade to a new phone after your outstanding balance has been paid

Payments take up to 48 hours to be reflected by Telstra systems. Best to try again tomorrow.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Even if the payment is reflected in part of the system?

Highlighted

I'm not sure what you mean by 'part of the system' but Telstra's advice is 48 hours for payments to be reflected.

Highlighted

No worries. This screen shot better explains. This is "paid in full" on my account dashboard. This also took a little while to be reflected here. The original message I queried, appears when I try to upgrade my phone and plan.

Highlighted

That's a good sign then, if it keeps persisting I'd probably visit a Telstra store.

Highlighted

Tomorrow morning will be 48 hours. If it doesn't work, I'll try a Telstra store. Thanks for your help!

Highlighted

I was able to get beyond that point, late last night.

Now.....when I press the "submit" button to place my order, this happens -

"We are unable to proceed with your request at this time. Please try again later, or chat with us using the chat button below.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

I tried on two different browsers and on my iPad.

<sigh>

Highlighted

It finally worked and I placed my order!

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted

Awesome news, all the best @Powwow 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit