Customer-Kym
Level 1: Cadet

Your plan will be upgraded from 29 Jan - No Access 24th Deconwards!

Received an email from telstra re my "Telstra Pre Paid Broadband" indicating my plan "will be updated from Jan 29th" and credit on the current plan will be converted into data on the new plan and the expiry will remain unchanged. Suddenly over christmas break I cannot use my SIM. The current plan has an expiry of 27/11/2021 and $313 credit left, but when I look at "My Account" via the telstra website it tells me I have no data available. If I try and upgrade the plan to the a new plan it tells me I will lose all credit etc! All attempts to contact telstra via chat, messages etc go round in circles with answers inappropriate to the questions. Of course keeps telling me to use the telstra app, but of course this is not available for windows, and without a 30 foot arial like our broadband modem, mobile phones dont work here!

Inconvenient to lose contact with aged mother over christmas.

Does anyone have any idea where to go from here??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Your plan will be upgraded from 29 Jan - No Access 24th Deconwards!

Connect your mobile to your home wifi network and then send a message using the My Telstra app. If Codi doesn't understand the question, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit